First Mod: downpipe and a pro tune, questions!

This is a discussion on First Mod: downpipe and a pro tune, questions! within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Purchased my wrx last May and I love it. However, I'm about to install my first Mod which till take ...

First Mod: downpipe and a pro tune, questions!

Purchased my wrx last May and I love it. However, I'm about to install my first Mod which till take me to stage 2. I've purchased the invidia catless downpipe, Cobb AP and will be getting the car tuned by my local Tuner (I'm Canadian btw). My First question is:

1) Realistic gains? I read somewhere that stock MY13 wrx will have about 225-240 whp and changing the downpipe+pro tune would put me somewhere in the range of 275whp?

2) After the tune, if I decide to add parts (intake/catback exhaust) should I get it re-tuned?

Thanks

-Hugh82

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by hugh82 View Post
    P1) Realistic gains? I read somewhere that stock MY13 wrx will have about 225-240 whp and changing the downpipe+pro tune would put me somewhere in the range of 275whp?
    Depends on the tuner, aggressiveness of the tune, and dyno. I'd expect anywhere between 270whp and 310whp.

2) After the tune, if I decide to add parts (intake/catback exhaust) should I get it re-tuned?
    Yes
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    You won't need engine management for a catback. But you will for the intake.