cobb accessport and intake help!!!

This is a discussion on cobb accessport and intake help!!! within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi guys I have my 2011 wrx sedan and the previous owner install the sf intake + sf airbox and ...

cobb accessport and intake help!!!

Hi guys I have my 2011 wrx sedan and the previous owner install the sf intake + sf airbox and I check on the cobb website and they said I need the accessport but I don't know if the previous owner install it, my plan is to get the accessport but not sure if it will be any problem just to get the tune and install it or I need to do something else before to buyor just get it and install it, my future plan is to get exhaust and downpipe do I need a new tune with the cobb or just install any advice???? Thanks by the way right now the intake sounds awesome but not sure if my engine is running good without the tune not sure if already is on it help!! And if I install the tune and already was tuned will be any problem

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd get the AP and tune it for stage 1+ intake asap. The car should be tuned for that. It's better to know than to wonder. You will want the AP for the turboback exhaust so you can flash stage 2 anyway. There are other ways of tuning as well (tactrix cable and opensource tune), but sounds like the AP might be a quick and easy solution for you.

Intake FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! - NASIOC

Engine Management FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! - NASIOC

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    I'd get the AP and tune it for stage 1+ intake asap. The car should be tuned for that. It's better to know than to wonder. You will want the AP for the turboback exhaust so you can flash stage 2 anyway. There are other ways of tuning as well (tactrix cable and opensource tune), but sounds like the AP might be a quick and easy solution for you.

Intake FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! - NASIOC

Engine Management FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! - NASIOC
    If its already tune with the intake and i install another tune this will affect my engine?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by PERU WRX View Post
    If its already tune with the intake and i install another tune this will affect my engine?
    Yes it will. It will ensure that you engine is properly calibrated to run with the intake. Also with the AP you can perform datalogging so that you know it is running correctly and you won't have to wonder anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Yes it will. It will ensure that you engine is properly calibrated to run with the intake. Also with the AP you can perform datalogging so that you know it is running correctly and you won't have to wonder anymore.
    Thanks for all your help now i'll get the cobb accessport the only problem is that thing is
    really expensive anyways any part for this car its expensive time to save money lol! Thanks again

Thanks for all your help now i'll get the cobb accessport the only problem is that thing is
    really expensive anyways any part for this car its expensive time to save money lol! Thanks again
    If you're unable to get it right away and have to drive the car, assuming you didn't get the stock intake with the car and can put that back on, I would suggest staying out of boost until you get the accessport.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

But if the previous owner install the intake and also the cobb accessport and i get the cobb and install the tune this will damage my engine or just confirm if my car was already tuned or not

I Support ClubWRX
    But if the previous owner install the intake and also the cobb accessport and i get the cobb and install the tune this will damage my engine or just confirm if my car was already tuned or not
    It won't damage your engine. I will just flash a new map on. Then you will know that the car has the correct map for your mods.

Ok i will sorry but i'm new in the impreza world and what mods do you have my plan is to get the downpipe too but don't know which brand? Do you have downpipe? And if this mod came with the cell light on?

I Support ClubWRX
    Ok i will sorry but i'm new in the impreza world and what mods do you have my plan is to get the downpipe too but don't know which brand? Do you have downpipe? And if this mod came with the cell light on?
    There are a lot of brands that are all good. Popular ones include Invidia, Nameless, COBB, Turboxs, etc. If you are using an accessport to flash to stage 2, they technically require a Turboback exhaust (full system). Contact fast tuning products on here (a vendor) and they can give you a good quote. The Stage 2 tune will eliminate the code that is thrown for the catalytic converter. Oh yeah, COBB AP also doesn't have stage 2 tunes for catless downpipes, so you have to go high flow cat.

You need to order cobb AP... like TODAY.

Do NOT romp on the car and try to stay under 3k RPM'S until you get a proper stage 1 sf tune.

I just order it and what means turboback system? It's a diferent siystem than catback or just the catback with downpipe?

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes, a turboback is the downpipe plus the catback. It's replacing the whole exhaust system from the turbo and back.