Is the Tactrix Openport 2.0 the only cable I can use to flash my ECU?

This is a discussion on Is the Tactrix Openport 2.0 the only cable I can use to flash my ECU? within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Have a 2013 WRX sedan. Was going to purchase the Tactrix Openport 2.0 to flash my ECU as one of ...

Is the Tactrix Openport 2.0 the only cable I can use to flash my ECU?

Have a 2013 WRX sedan. Was going to purchase the Tactrix Openport 2.0 to flash my ECU as one of my first (actually my first) mods for my car. A friend of mine who has parted ways with his '07 sedan said he has no use for the cable he has. Says it's a Tactrix, not sure what model (it was purchased some 3 1/2 years ago). Was wondering if I could use it for my car or if i need to purchase the Openport 2.0. Thanks for any and all help.
    Stitch Jones aka Mr Bakalava
    2013 PBP WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Newer cars require OP2.0, where 02-07 could use older cables. Verify what cable he has. 3 years ago should still be OP2.0, if bought new.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Newer cars require OP2.0, where 02-07 could use older cables. Verify what cable he has. 3 years ago should still be OP2.0, if bought new.
    Awesome. Thanks man.
    2013 PBP WRX

There are other brands out there but the Tactrix is confirmed to work. As for 2.0 version, that's needed for the 3rd gen cars. If you can, post a pic of the one you're looking at, I think we can confirm one way or the other.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ingo View Post
    There are other brands out there but the Tactrix is confirmed to work. As for 2.0 version, that's needed for the 3rd gen cars. If you can, post a pic of the one you're looking at, I think we can confirm one way or the other.
    Won't be necessary. The cable he HAD was in fact the Openport 2.0 which is compatible with my car. Unfortunately when he found the cable (at the bottom of an old tough box), it was damaged. So, looks like I'll be ordering a brand new one directly from Tactrix tomorrow! Thanks again for the help guys, you rule
    2013 PBP WRX