Cobb accessport v2 used or should I get the v3

This is a discussion on Cobb accessport v2 used or should I get the v3 within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, I am still learning this thread thing. So I ...

Cobb accessport v2 used or should I get the v3

Hey sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, I am still learning this thread thing. So I have a 2014 wrx and I am almost at my 1000 miles break in. I am excited to start enjoying the car as is but I came across a v2 for $300 used. I could probably talk him down a bit more. So should I do this or just wait and get the v3 later on once I am ready to start moding. Or should I get the v3 now? I am not wanting to do a tone to the car, just the basics, turbo back, intake, bigger tmic. Thanks for your guys help

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    They will eventually discontinue the V2, and no longer support it either if something goes wrong or supply it with updated maps.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Wait and get the v3 if you plan on modding the car and keeping it for a while. I debated the same question a month ago and I ended up going v3.

Ok cool thanks guys I will wait a bit and get the v3. Is that something I should get now or am I ok waiting a bit? I have read on other forums that our cars have really bad maps on them stock that hurt the car?

Are the benefits to a Cobb Access Port night and day? I am getting one very soon. I know of the device I just dont have experience with one yet. I would care more for personal opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Steers View Post
    Ok cool thanks guys I will wait a bit and get the v3. Is that something I should get now or am I ok waiting a bit? I have read on other forums that our cars have really bad maps on them stock that hurt the car?
    It's a crapshoot. You'll be going from one one-size-fits-all map to another. Any given car might be fine on the stock map, or might have issues. Same goes for Cobb's map. The Cobb will give a bit of a power bump and smooth out power delivery.

I personally waited for a while to tune so I had a good half of the warranty mileage gone.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I guess I need to start saving for the v3 as well. I just bought an 05 Wrx about a week ago that had the AP v1 (I am assuming since it doesnt look like the v2 or v3 lol) with its ots stage 2 map. Probably a good investment to get the v3 if you/I plan on keeping the car for a long period of time.