Any tips?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Any tips? within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, My accessport and intake will be here tomorrow. I am not new to hand held tuners but I ...

Any tips?

Hey guys,

My accessport and intake will be here tomorrow. I am not new to hand held tuners but I am new to tuning subarus. Does anyone have any tips for the initial setup of the accessport? I am not great with commuters so any tips or advice on the map downloads would be great!

Thanks!
    2011 Wrx Limited Sedan Silver. Nameless muffler delete, Kartboy Short throw w/ cobb knob, Rally Armor mud flaps, 30% tint... Goodbye warranty Cobb AP v3 and Sf intake. Stink-eye mob #1993

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Its easy. Shouldn't be that hard Cobb has a video on how to marry it to your car and download maps etc.

I feel fine with installing it on the car, i've watched the video a couple times. I'm just wondering about the downloads from the site and then putting them on the AP.
    2011 Wrx Limited Sedan Silver. Nameless muffler delete, Kartboy Short throw w/ cobb knob, Rally Armor mud flaps, 30% tint... Goodbye warranty Cobb AP v3 and Sf intake. Stink-eye mob #1993

I was just reading on the cobb site, do the standard stage maps come already on the AP?

Quote Originally Posted by spotsywrx View Post
    I was just reading on the cobb site, do the standard stage maps come already on the AP?
    No you'll have to download them from website and according to your location/gas

Ok, cool. Thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    It's incredibly easy. You just plug your AP into your computer and after you download accessport manager you pull the maps you want and then plug the AP into your ecu and load the map. Make sure and read up on datalogging, as you will want to do this after to make sure the car is responding good to the map. All cars are slightly different and some cars take the maps better than others.

Could someone post up the parameters that are necessary for logging, for the OP. I have it but can't remember.

I read up on on target boost and loaded the 3 different maps for boost levels. What else should I look for?

Now you just need to data log and see if your boost is reaching the it's target. Then adjust between the maps if needed.

I Support ClubWRX
    Some good perameters to start with in your initial logs...

-A/F Learning #1 (Long Term Fuel Trim)
    -A/F Correction #1 (Short Term Fuel Trim)
    -FBKC (Knock Correction)
    -FLKC (Knock Learning)
    -Engine Load
    -Ignition Advance
    -IAM (Dynamic Advance Multiplier)
    -Manifold Pressure or Boost Pressure
    -MAF_V
    -RPM

Remember to not log everything under the sun (all the options), as you will get less resolution on your log. If you need help analyzing the results post them up.

Ok, I watched a video from Cobb about data logging and they said there are the main five to worry about. At trim, boost, 2 kinds of knock and timing. I will post them later today.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.