2014 WRX Stage 1 Tuning Results

This is a discussion on 2014 WRX Stage 1 Tuning Results within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My 14 WRX is bone stock except for the factory installed SPT exhaust. I recently flashed the cobb ots stage ...

Smile 2014 WRX Stage 1 Tuning Results

My 14 WRX is bone stock except for the factory installed SPT exhaust. I recently flashed the cobb ots stage 1 91acn and then 2 weeks later had a stage 1 protune and thought I would share my Dyno results. All dynos and custom tuning were done at GST Motorsports in Hayward, CA (thank you Mike) on a Mustang Dyno . I have all the dyno sheets and afr printouts if anyone is interested but didn't want to attach them all.

Stock (Average of 2 runs)
    Peak wHP: 236
    Peak wTQ: 229

Cobb Stage 1 OTS 91 ACN (average of 3 runs)
    Peak wHP: 228
    Peak wTQ: 245

Custom Stage 1 Tune (average of 2 runs)
    Peak wHP: 252
    Peak wTQ: 273

Im just amazed at the stock power. If I wanted to estimate crank HP and TQ I would roughly add 20% which would put the stock numbers at 283HP and 274TQ. So either my power loss at the wheels is low or the numbers Subaru advertises is underestimated. Not so much the HP as its within 10% but torque is 12% over.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That looks really good to me for stock. thanks for posting! Nice to hear a local (kind of) tuner getting good reviews.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds like a high reading dyno.. here in TX stock 2013 STi puts down about 210whp, give or take 5whp.