Cobb v3 stage one map question - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Cobb v3 stage one map question within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; No offense on my part, you just re-enforced what I said. No problem, all good!...

No offense on my part, you just re-enforced what I said. No problem, all good!
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I run 93 in my car but loaded the 91 map due to better knock protection.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    Not sure what the confusion is here. The 93 map is designed to be used with a minimum of 93. The 91 map is designed to be used when the minimum available is 91. Of course the 91 map will be fine with 93, but if you have 93 available, then you have the option of running the slightly more aggressive 93 map.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Not sure what the confusion is here. The 93 map is designed to be used with a minimum of 93. The 91 map is designed to be used when the minimum available is 91. Of course the 91 map will be fine with 93, but if you have 93 available, then you have the option of running the slightly more aggressive 93 map.
    He is correct, but like in my case I was seeing slight fbkl on the 93 map. It wasn't enough to be worried about but I would rather have a safe engine than a more aggressive engine with risk. Running the 91 map with 93 fuel is just a precaution against knock.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NiceGuy View Post
    I've been using 93 with the 93 map. Every time I get a knock report. It's not knocking all the time and only a few times over the allowed 1.4 false knock. They are random and usually in low rpms. Should I be concerned?
    What matters is sustained knock you get at WOT or at least when in boost. Random small knock spikes that you get while cruising are just noise and nothing to worry about.
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX
    2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12