Check engine on with new o2 sensor

This is a discussion on Check engine on with new o2 sensor within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi just got my car checked in auto zone and they scanned the problem and it read bank 1 sensor ...

Hi just got my car checked in auto zone and they scanned the problem and it read bank 1 sensor 1 so i installed the new o2 sensor but keep having the same readding on the scanner on top of that for some reason my rpm are now fluctuating and some times it turns off,asked in the auto shop told me to look for vacuum leaks and did not find any.Have been looking for info in the web but cant find any resolution Can some one please give me a hand or idea what can be the problem? Forgot to add is it normal for the light to get low when the I stop, thats when the rpm fluctuate and the rpm get very low?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

Please post the actual code number. At the very least clarify: bank 1 sensor 1 what?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Please post the actual code number. At the very least clarify: bank 1 sensor 1 what?
    oh sorry about that the scanner reaad code p0130 oxygen sensor circuit bank 1 sensor 1 it also gave me 3 more codes after the oxygen oxygen code, the code were p0302, p0303 and p0304 a misfire on cylinder 2,3 and 4

I Support ClubWRX
    OK, hm... Suspect the wiring all the way from the sensor to the ECU, anywhere at all. Look for a wiring fault. If you can't find a vacuum leak, search for any area where air can enter or exit the system without being read by the MAF.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.