2010 STi Special Edition DataLog (thoughts?)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2010 STi Special Edition DataLog (thoughts?) within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey everyone, I got a Cobb AP yesterday and married it to my car (2010 STi Special Edition (6 Speed) ...

2010 STi Special Edition DataLog (thoughts?)

Hey everyone, I got a Cobb AP yesterday and married it to my car (2010 STi Special Edition (6 Speed) w/~15k miles), and reflashed the ECU with the Cobb Stage 1+SF 93 (Normal WG) OTS map. The only mod on my car is the Cobb SF intake. After installing the map I went out on the road to log some data.

I'm not an expert on this, nor do I really have any experience, but from the knowledge I've gathered everything looks okay. I haven't found any red flags. I was hoping someone here could find something I may have missed, or better there is nothing wrong here.

The car does run fantastic though after the tune; amazingly better than it did before. I'm so impressed and so glad I bought the AP.

Here's the log. I was in 4th going from 2500rpm - 6500rpm. My friend started logging a little early though.

Last edited by AnthonyP; 11-26-2013 at 02:56 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Not bad. You've got some low level Fine Learning Knock Correction...but that doesn't surprise me on an OTS Cobb map.

The weird thing that stands out to me is the very early feedback knock. Again, relatively low level, but I'd suspect its the result of going WOT from 1500rpm since its effectively bogging the engine down a bit that low. Most people don't even drive/cruise normally that low in the RPM range.

What gear are you in?

Optimal log run would be starting in 3rd gear around 2500rpm and running it all the way through to redline.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    What gear are you in?

Optimal log run would be starting in 3rd gear around 2500rpm and running it all the way through to redline.
    Oops, forgot to include that. I'll edit it in there. I was in 4th. Cobb stated for 6 speed cars to do a 2500-redline in 4th, and 3rd in 5 speeds. As for starting so low, my friend must have hit 'OK' on the AP a little early. He was in the passenger seat controlling the log. I do have a log in 3rd though as well. Here ya go.

I Support ClubWRX
    Only trouble with doing a 4th gear pull from 2500 to redline is you are going to be doing some serious speed by redline.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Only trouble with doing a 4th gear pull from 2500 to redline is you are going to be doing some serious speed by redline.
    Yeah, that's why after the 4th gear pull I did a 3rd. I hit about 105mph at redline in my 4th gear pull. I did it on a long, flat, low traffic, straight road late at night with no traffic. Not saying it's 'safe' but it's not nearly as unsafe as other places I could have done it.
    Last edited by AnthonyP; 11-26-2013 at 03:05 PM.

Eh, you get most load in your 4th gear on the 6spd, but you probably utilize 3rd gear more. I'm not exactly smarter than any Cobb engineer, but I'd still say a 3rd gear log is more useful.

Regardless, your second log does in fact look pretty good. I don't like Cobb's taper in boost though. It drops off a lot. A lot of protunes seem like they will hold boost longer and do a more gradual taper as redline approaches.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    On the newer 6 speeds, 3rd gear is typically what you want, with a checkup in 4th. Typically, I ask them to go into the 4500-5000 range, where the turbo begins to taper downwards, and you're seeing the most engine load.

The first log has some feedback knock that's an issue with throttle input. If this is constantly an issue, you may need to adjust your tip-in enrichment tables, but it's usually just ignored when you knock on rapid throttle changes. There was a little bit of learned knock in the 3.3 g/rev and 4200 RPM range, which isn't present in the second log, so don't worry about that, either.

Boost is on point with where it should be, tapering like I would expect it to; I'd be curious to see what it would be if you ran it out to redline. Engine load is about where I'd expect. Ignition advance is typical of a Cobb OTS map. Logs look pretty good, overall.
    Last edited by EJ257; 11-26-2013 at 04:44 PM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    I'd be curious to see what it would be if you ran it out to redline.
    I was going to but I'm always cautious in intentionally running it to redline. I can always do another log once it stops raining here.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyP
    I was going to but I'm always cautious in intentionally running it to redline. I can always do another log once it stops raining here.
    It's not a big deal. I typically taper down to ~14 PSI or so on the newer cars to keep IDCs in check.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.