Subaru WRX Forum banner

Low Voltage Error when flashing to stage 2!! Plz help im new!!

3K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  kedonot1 
#1 ·
Hello, this is my first post here, hopefully someone can help me out

I just bought a 2002 Impreza WRX last week. It has 57xxx miles on it :D and was driven back to my home 300 miles from where it was purchased. This car was driven all this previous week with ZERO problems. So after looking at the access-port box that was given to me with the car for almost a week, I figured it was time to give it a shot. I took it out of the box and read the instructions. I grabbed the blue plug, the cable, the AP, and went out to my car. I followed the instructions by connecting the two green test connectors together, and then inserting the Blue initialization plug, and continued to follow the instructions. About 15-25% of the way through the flash the "Car low voltage. Check Cable?" error message displayed. So I continued to read on what to do in case this happened, and the book says the ECU is most likely fried. :unhappy: The car will not turn over at all and when reconnecting the AP, it says the car is in Stage 2.0 93. So I'm pretty much freaking out, but I looked around on the internet and some people have fixed it. I have both battery cables unplugged (said to leave them unplugged for an hour and retry). Has anyone had this problem before? Did I fry the ECU? Hope to have her running by the end of the day. Previous owner had everything aftermarket installed professionally at the his local Subaru dealership.

Hope to get this resolved.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Is your check engine on?
Sometimes the solder connections in the init can go bad.
Also you said that you're married with the Stage 2.0 93?

And your car won't start? Basically, I'm guessing your car battery is dead and needs to be charged.

If not, try unmarrying the device.

:: It's either your battery or cobb connection.

#6 ·
So charged the battery, unplugged the fuse connection for the amp, and hooked jumper cables up to my buddies xterra (without turning it on) and flashed back to stock tune. Unplugged INIT plug and test plugged.....and it started!!! So I let it run for a minute or so before I shut it off. I then replugged the green test connectors and blue INIT plug. I plugged in the AP and began tuning to stage 2.0. After it was done, unplugged the INIT plug and test connectors and.....it started right up =D took it out for a spin. Very noticeable difference!! Going to bed stress free ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.