2014 WRX Datalogs
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2014 WRX Datalogs within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Cobb just released the maps for the 2014s, so I updated my map. My 2014 is stock except for a ...

2014 WRX Datalogs

Cobb just released the maps for the 2014s, so I updated my map.

My 2014 is stock except for a short throw. I installed the Stage 1 93 Octane map and took the car out for a quick spin.

Here are my 2 data logs (both 2nd and 3rd gear pulls). I'm not entirely sure how to be reading these, but one thing jumps out at me. At the end of my first pull there is a feedback knock registering -4.2. That concerns me a bit. There is no Feedback Knock or on the second pull, and neither register anything in Fine Knock Learn.

I also see that my boost reached 18.23psi on the first pull, then 17.28 on my second pull. I'm guessing I'll need to reflash to the Low Wastegate map.

Any advice or guidance would be appreciated!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Datalog1.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	133.0 KB 
ID:	122570

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Datalog2.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	128.4 KB 
ID:	122578
    2014 Subaru WRX WRB Stage 1
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1.618

Previous Vehicles: 2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i; 1997 Ford Mustang Cobra; 1998 Audi A4 1.8T; 1995 Ford Mustang
    A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. - Jeremy Clarkson

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Your datalogs look very similar to mine. Although my peak boost didn't reach anything higher than low 15 psi.
    2014 Subaru WRX
    Torqued Performance Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #0022
    Build Thread
    First Mods, what to do and not to do

Here are a few more logs that I just took. None of them register any feedback knock or fine knock learn.

A few of them are just from cruising around town to see how the log recorded not under load conditions. I was only able to go WOT for a very short time on the second log here, so I'm not sure if that is going to affect the readings, but it also seems that my boost hit 16.21psi at it's peak.

Hopefully these help. Since the boost stayed lower on this pull, I'm not sure if I need to still remap to Low Wastegate.

Thanks.

Log 4

Log 5

Log 6

Log 7
    Last edited by Nayrb37; 11-16-2013 at 12:49 PM.
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1.618

Previous Vehicles: 2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i; 1997 Ford Mustang Cobra; 1998 Audi A4 1.8T; 1995 Ford Mustang
    A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. - Jeremy Clarkson

Those logs look a little better for boost IMO. I agree, no need to re flash to low wastegate. Just keep monitoring it to make sure it doesn't get back to the 17-18 range.
    2014 Subaru WRX
    Stink-Eye Mob #0022
    Build Thread

Thanks for the really fast reply! According to Cobbs map notes for the 2014, "~16.5psi peak boost pressure tapering down to ~13.5psi by the 7000 RPM redline, +/- 0.8psi."

Not sure why it says 7000 rpm redline though, actual redline is at 6500 rpm.
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1.618

Where did you get a copy of the 2014 map notes? The only one I have is for 2013 which is basically the same thing. Are you on 93 octane?! If so luck bastard, here in Colorado we only get 91. The 2013 maps notes say the same thing in 7000 rpm as well, which is weird.
    2014 Subaru WRX
    Stink-Eye Mob #0022
    Build Thread

If you plug your AP into the computer and single click on the map there in an info box at the bottom of the manager window that will have some of the map notes with the info I quoted and the mods the map is designed for.

In NJ we have 87, 89, and 93. Very rarely I'll see 92 here. When I lived in PA premium was 91 or 94 depending in the station. Higher octane gas may be a perk because of all the gas coming in through the Jersey ports (and sometimes lower prices).

Sent from my iPhone
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1.618

Well I be darn. Thanks for the info
    2014 Subaru WRX
    Stink-Eye Mob #0022
    Build Thread

I Support ClubWRX
    Are you running a cat less or catted DP?

Intake and exhaust are both stock.

Sent from my iPhone
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1.618

I Support ClubWRX
    Your Google Docs logs aren't loading for me. I can only go on what I see in screenshots for this...

If you notice the FBKC you experienced, it was either on shift or after letting off the throttle and back on again. If you're unable to replicate that, I would equate that to "shift knock", general noise, or an issue with your tip-in enrichment tables.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

The knock registered at the very end of the pull where I let off the throttle. I have read that letting off the throttle after WOT can be a cause of this issue. I also read that there's little worry if it is ~2.5.

But since it was so high I was concerned.

Sent from my iPhone
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1.618

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayrb37
    The knock registered at the very end of the pull where I let off the throttle. I have read that letting off the throttle after WOT can be a cause of this issue. I also read that there's little worry if it is ~2.5.

But since it was so high I was concerned.
    The knock is on throttle input, according to the screenshot. You go from 25.5% (0 FBKC) to 100% throttle (-4.2 FBKC). As I said, it's probably either shift knock, noise, or issues with your tip-in tables. If you're unable to replicate the issue, don't worry about it.

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    The knock is on throttle input, according to the screenshot. You go from 25.5% (0 FBKC) to 100% throttle (-4.2 FBKC). As I said, it's probably either shift knock, noise, or issues with your tip-in tables. If you're unable to replicate the issue, don't worry about it.
    You're right. Sorry about that. I didn't remember being WOT when I stopped logging.

Thank you very much for your input. Should I be using the low waste gate map? Based on the high boost in the first 2 logs was about 18psi and 17psi, respectively. But the rest of the logs remained around 16psi.

Sent from my iPhone
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1.618

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayrb37
    You're right. Sorry about that. I didn't remember being WOT when I stopped logging.

Thank you very much for your input. Should I be using the low waste gate map? Based on the high boost in the first 2 logs was about 18psi and 17psi, respectively. But the rest of the logs remained around 16psi.
    If you're within the parameters of the mapping (16.5 give or take), I would keep your mapping the way it is. Could you have been on an incline with the higher than desired boost readings?

Non-replicable boost overshoots are what the turbo dynamics tables are for.

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.