2014 WRX Datalogs - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2014 WRX Datalogs within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; If I was it was slight. It was a stretch of highway that seemed pretty flat and straight. I really ...

If I was it was slight. It was a stretch of highway that seemed pretty flat and straight.

I really appreciate the input. My last fun car was a V8, so tuners and turbos are completely new to me.

Sent from my iPhone
    2014 Subaru WRX WRB Stage 1
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1.618

Previous Vehicles: 2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i; 1997 Ford Mustang Cobra; 1998 Audi A4 1.8T; 1995 Ford Mustang
    A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. - Jeremy Clarkson

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayrb37
    If I was it was slight. It was a stretch of highway that seemed pretty flat and straight.

I really appreciate the input. My last fun car was a V8, so tuners and turbos are completely new to me.
    I'll give you a quick boost control 101...

There are three basic tables in terms of boost control:
    1) Target Boost
    2) Wastegate Duty Cycle
    3) Turbo Dynamics

Boost targets are achieved using the wastegate to either remain closed to let air spin the turbine wheel or divert it to limit it. You typically have a min/max wastegate duty cycle, which is adjusted based on the turbo dynamics tables which measure boost error. So, if you overshoot your intended boost target, you will go "back to normal" by reducing WGDC (and diverting more air from hitting the turbine wheel) based on the TD tables. If it isn't a replicable event (e.g., you overshoot consistently, which means you need to reduce your min/max values), then just let the TD tables do their job.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Thanks for the explanation. Turbo dynamics tables are a completely new concept to me. Other than that, I have a basic knowledge of turbo systems. I have definitely added to that knowledge from just reading this forum. I always enjoy learning new things.

I have noticed a difference in the way my car pulls with the Stage 1. Not a lot faster overall, but the car seems to be more responsive and pulls more through the entire RPM range. Before I would hit the gas and it would go, then I would feel a delayed "woosh" of rapid acceleration.
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1.618

Previous Vehicles: 2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i; 1997 Ford Mustang Cobra; 1998 Audi A4 1.8T; 1995 Ford Mustang
    A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. - Jeremy Clarkson

3 more recent datalogs from my drive to work.

One is getting to the highway. Two is on the highway and a short WOT. Three is on the highway at cruising speed (no cruise control). The first log showed a bit of knock feedback towards the end.

11/20/13 DL1

11/20/13 DL2

11/20/13 DL3
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1.618

I Support ClubWRX
    Much of those logs are useless. You want WOT logs from 2K-redline.

The feedback knock you have appears to be during a shift. If you can't repeat it (load/RPM), you can ignore it anyway.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Much of those logs are useless. You want WOT logs from 2K-redline.

The feedback knock you have appears to be during a shift. If you can't repeat it (load/RPM), you can ignore it anyway.
    i also have a 2014 with the same map im trying to figure out how can i upload the file on here to take a look also what parameters should i pick to data-log to get good readings? thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	datalog.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	146.3 KB 
ID:	123650
    Last edited by MiAwrx2014; 11-25-2013 at 10:31 AM.

The access tuner race is available now for the 2014

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12