Using Mopar Combustion chamber cleaner on 2011 WRX.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Using Mopar Combustion chamber cleaner on 2011 WRX. within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am looking for some insight on how to use the MCCC on my 2011 wrx. It bottle says spray ...

Using Mopar Combustion chamber cleaner on 2011 WRX.

I am looking for some insight on how to use the MCCC on my 2011 wrx. It bottle says spray directly into the Throttle body while idling. That requires that I remove the Inter-cooler, which I am not super comfortable with leaving the turbo open while idle. I know it kicks in at 3200 rpms but I dont know the affect while at idle.

Please any help would be great. I am knew to turbo cars. Moving from old carb mustang to the all electronic turbo wrx is def different from the traditional motor work I have done.

Thanks in advance.

2011 wrx no modes.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Without wanting to sound argumentative I would like to mention that it might be worth considering whether an essentially new car would need any cleaner whatsoever. My guess is if your intake is authentic, the oil and air filters are maintained, and you've used fuel from a source anywhere in the developed world then you don't need to do this.

If you insist though search "sea foam" because the procedure (via the relief valve tube) is the same.

Again, though, I'd not do this to any of my cars.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    My guess is if your intake is authentic, the oil and air filters are maintained, and you've used fuel from a source anywhere in the developed world then you don't need to do this.

Agreed.

I Support ClubWRX
    by pass valve

There's a discussion for an analogous product but again, two things to consider: first, I'd not do this and second, I'd not do this. Your car, your call; good luck either way. SD
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Without wanting to sound argumentative I would like to mention that it might be worth considering whether an essentially new car would need any cleaner whatsoever. My guess is if your intake is authentic, the oil and air filters are maintained, and you've used fuel from a source anywhere in the developed world then you don't need to do this.

If you insist though search "sea foam" because the procedure (via the relief valve tube) is the same.

I would not take any comment argumentative and agree with everything in your post. The cause for the question really came down to, CEL came on after 54k with P0301 and P0303. After reading posts from this forum about misfire codes, one of the suggestions (and the last that I had outside of a valve adjustment) was to run something like MCCC through to remove any carbon build up.

This is after basically getting the shaft from the dealer even with warranty saying that of course they would not be able to determine the problem even after a tear down of the motor and I would be on the hook no matter what, unless they find a burnt valve (this is my daily drive and far from a rough ride all of 10 miles I go to work). So prior to giving in to the ransom at the dealer I decided to follow the suggestions here, using a product like MCCC, to remove any carbon in on valves/piston heads.

I really do baby the **** out of this car, it was the first car I bought after grad school and really first that had electronic ignition system ( old 68 mustang is still my baby), and have it serviced as suggested by subaru. This really came down to the last thing on a list of things.

I appreciate your response and hope that following the other suggestions relieves the problems I am currently seeing.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I Support ClubWRX
    Get hold of SOA, tell them you have a CEL related to emissions, and that their cars need to remain road legal and environmentally friendly throughout their lifespan, much less whilst still under warranty. Be polite but firm. Ask not if, but how they will ensure the car meets EPA regs under their warranty.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.