04 WRX Stage 2 wagon help

This is a discussion on 04 WRX Stage 2 wagon help within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Recently went stage 2, Cobb AP tune after bolt-ons, I ran the AP dyno and was at 295 hp. I ...

04 WRX Stage 2 wagon help

Recently went stage 2, Cobb AP tune after bolt-ons, I ran the AP dyno and was at 295 hp. I ran my car in 4th gear until the engine shut off and all the lights came on at about 125mph (what happened?). As of recent, I've ran the AP dyno again a few times and I am targeting around 240 hp. What happened to the lost hp and how can I get em back? Thanks for your time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    The AP dyno is not very accurate. Did you use the AP to see what check engine lights you got? What mods do you have

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    The AP dyno is useless. Go find a dyno day at a local shop somewhere and get a cheap dyno run to see where you're at...But only after you fix your engine problem.

First thing you need to do. Give us more info than, "the engine shut off and all the lights came on."

Second, If you have a CEL, do what she said^ and read them with the AP. Then refer to the owner's manual for how to solve them. Then report back to us.

Third, is your car running? What are your mods?

Engine cut off and the battery, oil, brake, engine lights came on. no cel other than the front o2.
    Car is running has up-pipe and turboxs stealthback

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    I'd say check your fuses. Couldn't hurt, even though you say the engine is running now.

Did you read any excessive knock?

Maybe you overboosted and hit cutoff.

Bought some bad gas.
    Last edited by wreckingball man; 10-22-2013 at 07:15 PM.

I'm hoping I hit cutoff. I sniffed around the turbo while the car was on and couldn't smell much.