2013 WRX Stage 1 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX Stage 1 within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I think you should record a 3rd gear 2000 RPM to Redline datalog (WOT) and post it here....

I Support ClubWRX
    I think you should record a 3rd gear 2000 RPM to Redline datalog (WOT) and post it here.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Donkey,
    Oops, sorry about that. No, I'm sure it's not at redline. Night shift has it's disadvantages (brain doesn't always work when sleep deprived). Lol. I still have to look at the datalogs. I'll post it once I look.
    Brandi
    Purchased 7/17/13: 2013 WRX Limited- satin pearl white: short throw shifter, Perrin cat-back, and some other stuff. ;-)

I Support ClubWRX
    Basically Cobb says a +/-1psi variance is fine. If you are seeing 17.5psi at peak boost then this is within the maps parameters.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Donkey,
    Yes, I'm aware of the information from Cobb. Thank you.
    But my car has peaked at over 18.5 psi in 3 different maps.
    I'm going to put the stock air filter back in and datalog. If it continues to spike well over 18 psi, I'll map it to a comparison to stock and datalog stock. Maybe my ride is spiking in stock.
    Purchased 7/17/13: 2013 WRX Limited- satin pearl white: short throw shifter, Perrin cat-back, and some other stuff. ;-)

I would be very careful, if your tune is set for 16.5 and you are hitting 2psi above that, you could risk potentially damaging your engine by running lean. The ECU can detect knock and retard your timing however, 2psi is enough to be concerned with.

I would flash it back to stock and record the boost levels. If they return to normal, I would contact Cobb or have your tuner write a tune for your car before running the map again.

Cold weather will cause your turbo to spike however, 2 psi is dangerous in the cold because you tend to run lean in cold weather (cold air = more mass) which is good for power but bad for fuel maps that are close to being lean. Of course, I am playing it safe since I am guessing you do not have an A/F gauge on your car to monitor your ratios.

It is also possible that you have an issue with your wastegate, could be the spring itself or something which is not allowing it to open. That could be a warranty item and one that I would follow up with if you are spiking even with a stock map loaded.
    Chris
    '14 WRX Crystal Black/SPT CBE/Tuned by Torqued Performance

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.