2012 Wrx stage 1
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2012 Wrx stage 1 within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey everyone! New to the forums and just wanted to post and say I just got the v3 accessport and ...

2012 Wrx stage 1

Hey everyone! New to the forums and just wanted to post and say I just got the v3 accessport and installed in it on my stock wrx. I didnt notice any power gain at all but did notice a slightly smoother power delivery and more noise from under the hood. Read about Torqued Performance and decided for the $85 to give their tune a shot. Anyone have any good or bad to say about them compared to the Cobb? Looking for the best performance possible with stage 1 for now but also not interested in toasting my engine. Any feedback is appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

TP is certainly more aggressive than Cobb.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    TP is certainly more aggressive than Cobb.
    Yeah for sure. Just installed the TP and did a couple data logs. Cobb stage 1 91oct was maxing boost at just under 16. With the TP it was high 17's and even hit 18.11lbs once at 4k rpms. sending in the datalogs now for adjustments.

Right. Eric targets 18 psi on his stage 1 map. Cobb targets 16.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Any idea what AFRs are on the TP tune?

I just ran a couple dyno pulls on a tune (E-Tuner) that targets 16 lbs boost. It's based on the Cobb 91 octane tune, with a few tweaks. I put up 240/255 and AFR's were in the 11 - 11.4 range. I don't know how conservetive that is, but runs smooth.

Plasmawrx12...what is your injector duty cycle maxing at near redline with that much boost? I just rechecked my logs...and even at 5700 rpm...I'm around 85%. I don't know for sure (hence why I'm posting) but I would not think running much more than 85% would be a good idea.
    2013 Ice Silver Premium 5 door - Stage 1 E-Tune

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Eric targets 10.8:1 on the Stage 1 tune for GR IIRC.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Torqued Performance

Shows all target AFR's

I logged exactly what eric suggested which isA/F Correction 1(%)
    A/F Learning 1 (%)
    A/F Sensor 1 Ratio (AFR)
    Boost (Psi)
    Calculated Load
    Dynamic Advance Multiplier (DAM)
    Feedback Knock (degrees)
    Fine Knock Learning (degrees)
    Ignition Timing
    Intake Temperature
    Inj. Duty Cycle (%)
    MAF(g/s)
    RPM
    Throttle Pos.(%)
    Vehicle Speed (mph)

So if A/F Sensor 1 Ratio is what you are asking it was at 11.14 during the 100% throttle portion of the log. hope that helps. Pretty new to this

Edit: just noticed you asked about injector duty cycle as well. Mine was 100 and 101 from 6k-6500rpm
    Last edited by Plasmawrx12; 10-16-2013 at 12:30 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasmawrx12 View Post
    I logged exactly what eric suggested which isA/F Correction 1(%)
    A/F Learning 1 (%)
    A/F Sensor 1 Ratio (AFR)
    Boost (Psi)
    Calculated Load
    Dynamic Advance Multiplier (DAM)
    Feedback Knock (degrees)
    Fine Knock Learning (degrees)
    Ignition Timing
    Intake Temperature
    Inj. Duty Cycle (%)
    MAF(g/s)
    RPM
    Throttle Pos.(%)
    Vehicle Speed (mph)

So if A/F Sensor 1 Ratio is what you are asking it was at 11.14 during the 100% throttle portion of the log. hope that helps. Pretty new to this
    That's as low as the stock sensor reads. You would have to get a wideband to exactly read your true AFR's. Believe me your going to much richer than 11.14 with Eric's maps.

Thanks Zax, and WrxPower!!

Plasmawrx12....the Inj. Duty Cycle (%) was more what I was asking about being over 85% or not.

On a side note, the max rich AFR Cobb reads with the stock sensor is 11.14. They also tend to get less accurate the richer they go. To be spot on with AFRs, you'd have to get a wideband O2 sensor (which is what I did when tuning my S2000)...but to be honest if you are just running stage 1 it would be overkill.

Sounds like TP is having you take logs and they are checking them to make sure there is nothing unusual going on. Should be good to go. I just went a bit different route with getting a stage 1 tune done, and was curious how things compared.
    2013 Ice Silver Premium 5 door - Stage 1 E-Tune

Quote Originally Posted by WrxPower View Post
    That's as low as the stock sensor reads. You would have to get a wideband to exactly read your true AFR's. Believe me your going to much richer than 11.14 with Eric's maps.
    Oh i never knew that, thanks. I just hope this tune doesn't damage my engine in any way. I'd still like the car to last a while and not blow my engine. But like anyone the stock tune leaves much to be desired.

Quote Originally Posted by XRedJar View Post
    Thanks Zax, and WrxPower!!

Plasmawrx12....the Inj. Duty Cycle (%) was more what I was asking about being over 85% or not.

On a side note, the max rich AFR Cobb reads with the stock sensor is 11.14. They also tend to get less accurate the richer they go. To be spot on with AFRs, you'd have to get a wideband O2 sensor (which is what I did when tuning my S2000)...but to be honest if you are just running stage 1 it would be overkill.

Sounds like TP is having you take logs and they are checking them to make sure there is nothing unusual going on. Should be good to go. I just went a bit different route with getting a stage 1 tune done, and was curious how things compared.
    Yeah i noticed that after i posted so i want back to edit. I'm at 100%. I just put the tune on today and sent my log over to Eric so hopefully there will be some more fine tuning with it if there are problems. As for the wideband O2 sensor i will probably wait until I go to stage 2 for that unless it really seems necessary to log what my car is doing now at Stage 1.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasmawrx12 View Post
    Oh i never knew that, thanks. I just hope this tune doesn't damage my engine in any way. I'd still like the car to last a while and not blow my engine. But like anyone the stock tune leaves much to be desired.
    I was like you about being cautions about modding. But I have no problems with Eric's maps. He's got great customer service. As long as you keep the up keep of the car (I know I can't tell the future) and not be stupid you will be fine. Just continue to do research before you decide to do any modding and do what is comfortable to you.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WrxPower View Post
    Torqued Performance

Shows all target AFR's
    Damn I nailed it
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Damn I nailed it
    Yes you are the man!!!

That's what she said at least.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.