2012 Wrx stage 1 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2012 Wrx stage 1 within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Plasmawrx12 Yeah i noticed that after i posted so i want back to edit. I'm at 100%. ...

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmawrx12 View Post
    Yeah i noticed that after i posted so i want back to edit. I'm at 100%. I just put the tune on today and sent my log over to Eric so hopefully there will be some more fine tuning with it if there are problems. As for the wideband O2 sensor i will probably wait until I go to stage 2 for that unless it really seems necessary to log what my car is doing now at Stage 1.
    As far as the wideband goes....overkill for stage 1. I was just being anal with the S2000.

Take care!!
    2013 Ice Silver Premium 5 door - Stage 1 E-Tune

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by XRedJar View Post
    As far as the wideband goes....overkill for stage 1. I was just being anal with the S2000.

Take care!!
    I disagree. IMO, the WBO2 is one of the best mods at any level of modification.

The only challenge is where to mount the sensor
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    I disagree. IMO, the WBO2 is one of the best mods at any level of modification.

The only challenge is where to mount the sensor
    Zax...I don't disagree. My thoughts were mostly on value. With the limited duration of the WBO2 sensor's life (think 500 hours was the average I'd been able to find), and having to recalibrate every so often.......I just don't think it's worth the time and expense when I'm stage 1 running a conservative tune.

I do want to make sure the tune is safe and everything is running as it should. This is why I went the next best route and got a couple pulls done on the dyno. Granted, the O2 sensor they just put in the tailpipe is not going to be as accurate as a WBO2, but from what I've seen....they should read a bit leaner than actual if anything. (If I'm way off here, please let me know)

:-)
    2013 Ice Silver Premium 5 door - Stage 1 E-Tune

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12