Going back to stage 1 OTS map ok with tgv deletes?

This is a discussion on Going back to stage 1 OTS map ok with tgv deletes? within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; found a thread that was a different situation than mine saying that a tgv delete will not affect you a/f ...

Going back to stage 1 OTS map ok with tgv deletes?

found a thread that was a different situation than mine saying that a tgv delete will not affect you a/f and make u run like crap. wanted to get everyone's opinion on here. selling my wrx to get an sti and I have to go back to stage 1 for a few months. so will I be okay with an OTS cobb map with my tgv deletes? thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

- Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

thanks for the reply but that doesn't necessarily help me. how do I figure out which way they did the tgv delete? need to differentiate between them using my accessport to bypass the code or if they did it without using my accessport. if they didn't use my accessport to do it I should be fine with an ots map, but if they did I won't.

You could try it and see what happens. If the shop left the motors attached then no problems. If you throw the CEL I would think that you could use AccessTuner Race to bypass the CELs yourself. Its a free download if you have an accessport.

Codes to edit are here

WRX, the TGV codes are P2004, P2005, P2008, P2011, and P1086 though P1097 Tumble generator valve and valve circuit codes.
    Last edited by Ashesofthewake; 10-14-2013 at 09:19 AM.