OH MY LAWD!!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on OH MY LAWD!!! within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Alright guys, I ordered my AP v3 along with the cobb sf intake and box on Tuesday and received it ...

OH MY LAWD!!!

Alright guys, I ordered my AP v3 along with the cobb sf intake and box on Tuesday and received it last night. I couldn't wait to get my hands on it and install it already. I woke up this morning and much to my surprise it was a sunny day here in Miami (it's been rainy all Summer). Install took about 45 minutes which included AP install. Drove around town a couple times taking it easy for about 40 miles. Then something magical happened. I felt the $1,000+ investment was finally validated. Let's start with the sound, oh that sexy sound. You hear that baby spool soooooo early now and then when you let off the gas....... Pppsssssshhhhhhhh. YOU CAN FINALLY HEAR THE RECIRCULATING BPV!!!! Now let's talk about performance. The power curve is now smoothed out and you get that power way early in the RPMs. With stock, you would really feel the turbo engage around 4,000 rpm give or take. Now the power curve is smooth and pulls all the way through. If your on the edge and don't know whether to buy this setup, I say do it!!!! I highly recommend it. It's a big investment but you will enjoy the car sooooo much more. The AP V3 and different gauge setup is amazing as we'll. no need to install a boost gauge or oil gauge. The accessport has it all right there at your finger tips. Cobb did a very good job and continues to deliver great products.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Good for you

At first I thought I'd keep the stock tune for a while, but sometimes I want to say screw it and get an AP for a Stage 1 flash, then flash back to stock if/when I go to the dealership for warranty work and pray they don't dig too deep
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

I was in your shoes. I was skeptic about having the dealer look into it if I ever bring it back. They would really have to dig in to see if any codes had been changed. Then they would need to prove that the AP caused the issue. I don't think they would go to that extent but I may be wrong. I'm only at 16K but I feel like its worth it. Cobb made an amazing product.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.