AccessPort V3 on 2014 WRX
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on AccessPort V3 on 2014 WRX within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Has any one used or attempted to use an AccessPort V3 on a 2014 WRX? According to Cobb's website, the ...

Has any one used or attempted to use an AccessPort V3 on a 2014 WRX?

According to Cobb's website, the V3 is compatible up to 2013, and I have been unable to determine whether or not it is compatible with the 2014 WRX.

I know the 13-14 are generally the same, but that's not to say there isn't some ECU differences that go generally unnoticed.

I attempted to contact Cobb last week, but as of this post I have not heard any response from them.

Since there is no official "2014" support or OTS maps available, I'm not going to take any chances with an Accessport until I hear something here or officially from Cobb.

If I hear from Cobb, I will be sure to followup here in case anyone else is interested.
    2014 Subaru WRX WRB Stage 1
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1.618

Previous Vehicles: 2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i; 1997 Ford Mustang Cobra; 1998 Audi A4 1.8T; 1995 Ford Mustang
    “A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.” - Jeremy Clarkson

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Did you try calling them?.. if it's not compatible I'm sure it will be soon

So go get a protune somewhere instead?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Did you try calling them?.. if it's not compatible I'm sure it will be soon
    I'm sure it will be soon as well. I'm a bit surprised that no one else has addressed it though considering the 14s have been out for a little bit now.

I did not try calling them, I emailed them last week. If I don't hear from them by tomorrow, I'll give them a call.
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1.618

Previous Vehicles: 2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i; 1997 Ford Mustang Cobra; 1998 Audi A4 1.8T; 1995 Ford Mustang
    “A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.” - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    ^^^this. protune it up

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I see you are from NJ as well, can you recommend a reputable tuner?
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1.618

depending on where you are, EFI Logics in CT, can't really go wrong with them

Quote Originally Posted by WREXXY View Post
    Thanks I will definitely look into them. That's about 2 hours from where I'm located, so not too far, but I'm curious if there is a reputable shop a little closer.
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1.618

Quote Originally Posted by Nayrb37 View Post
    I see you are from NJ as well, can you recommend a reputable tuner?
    Precision in Brick Township is good.

RT Tuning in Bensalem, PA is really up and coming right now.

Akuma in Woodbridge (I think) is also known to do good work.

TurboTrix in Edison is also a good shop, though doesn't get as much rep in the Subaru world.

These guys are really good (though their former lead tuner died last year, sadly)...always been known as a top shop.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Thank you very much! I will definitely look into some of these shops. Woodbridge and Edison are very close to me.

I have heard back from Cobb, this was the response.

"We are definitely excited about the 2014 WRX! We have recently received ROM dumps for these ECUs and are working on support. It's still premature for any ETAs but we are hoping to have support out sometime soon! Keep a lookout on our website and facebook page for details! If you have any other quesitons, please let me know."

So for anyone else that was interested in the AccessPort for 2014, that is the response directly from Cobb.
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1.618

Good to know. I want one also for my 2014

Any updates on this? I'm itching lol

Quote Originally Posted by MiAwrx2014 View Post
    Any updates on this? I'm itching lol
    Not that I'm aware of. I have been checking thee website every week hoping to see listings for 2014, but so far nothing.

I'm itching as well. I already have the AP, just waiting for the maps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1.618

You could just protune, and know that the tune is specific for your actual car instead of a general tune for all 2014's

You could just protune, and know that the tune is specific for your actual car instead of a general tune for all 2014's
    I'm definitely going go get a pro tune in the future. My thought was to spend the money on a pro tune when I put on an exhaust, CAI, up pipe, and down pipe. And for now just use an OTS tune to improve the factory tune.

Sent from my iPhone
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1.618

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast