AccessPort V3 on 2014 WRX - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on AccessPort V3 on 2014 WRX within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Got you. I think I'll just get it also and do a pro tune. My question is. What If I ...

Got you. I think I'll just get it also and do a pro tune. My question is. What If I want to have my friend tune it. What else would I need to buy to be able to do that?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Who is your friend?

He tunes all my cars and never had any issues. But it's not like he has a shop. I just do street tune then after I use a dyno for the hour so he always gets me good street driving. But I just need to know how I can tune it. I'm used to hondata Kpro.

You can use an OpenPort 2.0 cable, Rom Raider, and ECU Flash.. but if he's not experienced with Subarus I wouldn't let him touch the car. There's about a dozen people in the US that I would trust to tune my car. You can't approach tuning a Subaru like you would an Evo.

If he has the experience and knowledge to do a safe tune then you don't need to be asking any of these questions, he will already have his own hardware to get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    You can use an OpenPort 2.0 cable, Rom Raider, and ECU Flash.. but if he's not experienced with Subarus I wouldn't let him touch the car. There's about a dozen people in the US that I would trust to tune my car. You can't approach tuning a Subaru like you would an Evo.

If he has the experience and knowledge to do a safe tune then you don't need to be asking any of these questions, he will already have his own hardware to get the job done.
    +1
    2014 Subaru WRX WRB Stage 1
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1.618

Previous Vehicles: 2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i; 1997 Ford Mustang Cobra; 1998 Audi A4 1.8T; 1995 Ford Mustang
    A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. - Jeremy Clarkson

He has knowledge in tuning but he hasn't tuned a subaru but once you data log he can see what's going on and can tune from there but all I see is people using ap. what's the way about it to tune from ap?

If you're going to have him use the AP then all the information and software you need is on Cobb's website.

If you're going to have him use the AP then all the information and software you need is on Cobb's website.
    Got it but all you had to say was the accessport race. That's what I was looking for the program. But I read up on it. Thanks. Cause I thought it was 2k for the program. But that's for the shops to be able to lock the map.

Quote Originally Posted by MiAwrx2014 View Post
    I thought it was 2k for the program. But that's for the shops to be able to lock the map.

That's so they can create maps without the AP in hand. Otherwise you have to have an AP hooked up to make a map, then that map can only be loaded on that AP. If you own an AP you can use ATR to make maps for that specific AP.

That's so they can create maps without the AP in hand. Otherwise you have to have an AP hooked up to make a map, then that map can only be loaded on that AP. If you own an AP you can use ATR to make maps for that specific AP.
    Yup that's the info I was asking but I got it. Lol too late now. But at least it's on here for others to read. Thanks for the info. Just looking to get a used v3 ap.

FWIW - I also emailed Cobb about the compatibility with a 2014 ECU and this is what I got in response:

"I'm glad to see that you are interested in an AP for your vehicle. We are currently working on support and should have it out soon. There were some changes in the ECU that we needed to make to offer all of our features like realtime tuning. We hope to have it released soon.

I would keep an eye out on our website and or on our Facebook for updates."

Quote Originally Posted by livendive View Post
    FWIW - I also emailed Cobb about the compatibility with a 2014 ECU and this is what I got in response:

"I'm glad to see that you are interested in an AP for your vehicle. We are currently working on support and should have it out soon. There were some changes in the ECU that we needed to make to offer all of our features like realtime tuning. We hope to have it released soon.

I would keep an eye out on our website and or on our Facebook for updates."
    Thanks for the update! Glad to hear they are expecting to release maps soon.

Sent from my iPhone
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1.618

Previous Vehicles: 2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i; 1997 Ford Mustang Cobra; 1998 Audi A4 1.8T; 1995 Ford Mustang
    A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. - Jeremy Clarkson

Their Facebook page announced today that 2014 WRX and STI firmware updates are live and available for Accessport Manager.

About time just ordered mine. Just waiting for the site to show the new maps. I want to try my intake already and the map haha. Now the modding begins. Hopefully the maps are good.

Quote Originally Posted by livendive View Post
    Their Facebook page announced today that 2014 WRX and STI firmware updates are live and available for Accessport Manager.
    Thanks for the update! Hopefully they update the website soon!

Sent from my iPhone
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1.618

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.