Subaru WRX Forum banner

AccessPort V3 on 2014 WRX

12K views 30 replies 6 participants last post by  MiAwrx2014 
#1 ·
Has any one used or attempted to use an AccessPort V3 on a 2014 WRX?

According to Cobb's website, the V3 is compatible up to 2013, and I have been unable to determine whether or not it is compatible with the 2014 WRX.

I know the 13-14 are generally the same, but that's not to say there isn't some ECU differences that go generally unnoticed.

I attempted to contact Cobb last week, but as of this post I have not heard any response from them.

Since there is no official "2014" support or OTS maps available, I'm not going to take any chances with an Accessport until I hear something here or officially from Cobb.

If I hear from Cobb, I will be sure to followup here in case anyone else is interested.

#4 ·
I'm sure it will be soon as well. I'm a bit surprised that no one else has addressed it though considering the 14s have been out for a little bit now.

I did not try calling them, I emailed them last week. If I don't hear from them by tomorrow, I'll give them a call.

#8 ·
Thanks I will definitely look into them. That's about 2 hours from where I'm located, so not too far, but I'm curious if there is a reputable shop a little closer.

#10 ·
Thank you very much! I will definitely look into some of these shops. Woodbridge and Edison are very close to me.

I have heard back from Cobb, this was the response.

"We are definitely excited about the 2014 WRX! We have recently received ROM dumps for these ECUs and are working on support. It's still premature for any ETAs but we are hoping to have support out sometime soon! Keep a lookout on our website and facebook page for details! If you have any other quesitons, please let me know."

So for anyone else that was interested in the AccessPort for 2014, that is the response directly from Cobb.

#13 ·
Not that I'm aware of. I have been checking thee website every week hoping to see listings for 2014, but so far nothing.

I'm itching as well. I already have the AP, just waiting for the maps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

#15 ·
I'm definitely going go get a pro tune in the future. My thought was to spend the money on a pro tune when I put on an exhaust, CAI, up pipe, and down pipe. And for now just use an OTS tune to improve the factory tune.

Sent from my iPhone

#19 ·
You can use an OpenPort 2.0 cable, Rom Raider, and ECU Flash.. but if he's not experienced with Subarus I wouldn't let him touch the car. There's about a dozen people in the US that I would trust to tune my car. You can't approach tuning a Subaru like you would an Evo.

If he has the experience and knowledge to do a safe tune then you don't need to be asking any of these questions, he will already have his own hardware to get the job done.

#26 ·
FWIW - I also emailed Cobb about the compatibility with a 2014 ECU and this is what I got in response:

"I'm glad to see that you are interested in an AP for your vehicle. We are currently working on support and should have it out soon. There were some changes in the ECU that we needed to make to offer all of our features like realtime tuning. We hope to have it released soon.

I would keep an eye out on our website and or on our Facebook for updates."

#27 ·
Thanks for the update! Glad to hear they are expecting to release maps soon.

Sent from my iPhone

#30 ·
Thanks for the update! Hopefully they update the website soon!

Sent from my iPhone

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.