Colorado Tuners?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Colorado Tuners? within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm searching for one of the best tuners in the Littleton/ Denver area I don't mind driving some distance within ...

Colorado Tuners?

I'm searching for one of the best tuners in the Littleton/ Denver area I don't mind driving some distance within 4 hours to get a tune. Anybody know of an agreeable tuner that has nothing but positive reviews from their tunes with good conservative maps?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Eric with Torqued Performance will do "hands-on" if you're in the neighborhood... on 3rd gens...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

I Support ClubWRX
    Harvey (boost creep) is the nicest dude ever. He's almost exclusively subaru, and has a lot of good reviews. He's close by to you in longmont. I was not 100% convinced that he did his absolute best on his tune of my car last time, but a lot of people swear by him. He supports the Subaru and tuning community and I attended efi101 at his shop.

I really like nick at mac, he did me a big favor once and he seems like he is tuning bigger and badder machines constantly. He tuned scotty molitor's pikes peak machine. The shop owner bill is a bagadoosh and I don't like to spend money there because of that.

Adam at revolutions has tuned some sweet subarus and he had the most subarus that competed at "pinks all out"'s drag racing at bandimere. He is down in the springs. I don't have personal experience with him, but know a tuner on the east coast who is very well regarded and considers Adam the best in the state.

Jeremy (servion) has some sweet rides too. He's in the springs, and I've never met him. He has had some freakin efi cars down at bandimere, and he has a lot of Subaru experience. Last I heard he was renting time on Adam's dyno, but he will travel to tune. Contact him not revolutions if you use him.

Carz in Lakewood I did some pulls at once. Nice dudes, and they have a good setup there. One of their guys is a friend of mine's husband and he's a top notch dude. I don't have any experience with any of their tuning abilities. I liked their dyno setup, and they were VERY particular when it came to setting my car up properly on their dyno. Which I liked a lot.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingo View Post
    Eric with Torqued Performance will do "hands-on" if you're in the neighborhood... on 3rd gens...
    Eric moved to Oregon
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I went with eric and is not worthy of my time he did a horrible map for me. So I need a tuner that's worthy of my time locally since I've already blown one motor otherwise I will just stick with a etune.

Yeah the people at mac seem really douchy I called them when my motor blew for some insight and help and the bitch that answered the phone hung up on me I was like wth. I've heard some good things about harvey seen some of his videos on youtube seems like a down to earth nice guy. Out of all the tuners you listed what would you recommend for a new motor I'm definitely considering a etune as I've had bad luck and poor judgement with some of the local tuners around town. Not speaking for any tuner in specific as I have no experience dealing with others except torqued performance which was basically flushing $200 down the drain I hate to say it but I wouldn't recommend torqued performance to anyone.

Hmm, interesting, about Torques Performance both the bad tune and move to Oregon ...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm not a fan of e-tunes. I think there's a lot to be said for someone that is willing to do a dyno tune and a street tune. That's the only thing Eric had going for him. We did a full street tune two days in a row. And then touched it up on the dyno for max horsepower.

If I were to go with someone new, I would've liked to try servion. The reviews from the springs guys seem like Jeremy is top notch. Never met him though.

If I were to recommend anything though... I think you should get any of these guys to build you a base tune and then you should get tuning software and a lc-1, and learn how to tune it yourself. No one cares about your car as much as you, and no one will take the time that your car deserves like you will.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingo View Post
    Hmm, interesting, about Torques Performance both the bad tune and move to Oregon ...
    I think Eric is a piece of crap anyways. He's a slob, and didn't have the self-respect I'd expect. If I'm going to expect you to care of my car and the thousands I've spent on it, and pay attention to the details, then I expect you to be wearing a shirt that's not too small, wear clean clothes, and have finger nails that aren't super long and full of black.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    I think Eric is a piece of crap anyways. He's a slob, and didn't have the self-respect I'd expect. If I'm going to expect you to care of my car and the thousands I've spent on it, and pay attention to the details, then I expect you to be wearing a shirt that's not too small, wear clean clothes, and have finger nails that aren't super long and full of black.

hahahahaha. I really want to try Harvey out the only thing that deters me away is the price he charges for his tunes.

The ball park I'm leaning towards is 200-300 for a retune as I have to spend the rest of my money on my rebuild and machine work plus I'm searching for a wideband o2 to get me an idea of my fuel ratio when I get the retune. Not sure of the average price for tuning especially with dyno time. Just really looking for a good tuner that will be worth my time with a good price haha.

I Support ClubWRX
    Save up money and get a reputable tune. You will get a crap tune for 200.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post

Fair enough will do.. If that is the case I'll probably go with Harvey then.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister
    I'm not a fan of e-tunes. I think there's a lot to be said for someone that is willing to do a dyno tune and a street tune. That's the only thing Eric had going for him. We did a full street tune two days in a row. And then touched it up on the dyno for max horsepower.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister
    Email tunes are a perfectly viable option for most setups, as long as the necessary information is provided (e.g., WBO2 for AFR tuning). The level of e-tune varies, as well. You can have an one that is a base map with modifications simply to make it safe, or one that will fully adjust the tune. Some e-tuners simply look at WOT data, others will look at part-throttle logs as well.

I prefer to tune a car in-person, but you can get a car dialed in pretty well simply with datalogs and customer feedback, especially with a simple S1/S2 tune. The problem lies in what data you're able to get from the end-user when you aren't in the car. If I'm not getting the data I want from the end-user in-person, I can take the wheel; remotely, you can only make use of what you're given.

There is no substitute for an in-person dyno tune (with road tune checkup/cleanup), but to discount all email tunes as "crap" is misleading.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    I said for 200 you'll get a crap tune. Never said e-tunes. But I personally wouldn't e-tune a brand new engine. Stage 1 or 2, sure... anything more, and I want more for my money. Just my opinion.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

I'll take my email tune from WTF all day over a Cobb OTS map. My car runs so well (to the feel and according to logs), and I'm certain I have a couple revisions left to go (once this moving situation is over).

I'd love to see what could be done on a dyno with the WTF guys
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.