I have read all I can do before posting. But all the different opinions are confusing.
SO I just bought a WRX 2011 limited with 50000kms and just I just plan to go stage 1.
Actually I LOVED the car in stock form but from what I read I miss a big thing not to go stage 1.
My main concern is reliability taking into account that I live in Quebec where temp can go below -30C (so over boost?). So my question are the following:
- Is clear that on a WRx (not STI) , stage 1 is as much or more reliable than stock?
- Is there a benefit for reliability to get a protune to control knock or other parameters.
- I heard that on these car there is a lot of clogged cat issues which could be catastrophic with stage 1. Is it pertinent?
- What will I lose in terms of drivability withe a stage 1?
- Should I get another tune for winter?
Thank you very much.