Is it bad for my car or my ap?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Is it bad for my car or my ap? within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; is it bad to keep my ap plugged into the car when the car is not in use? i dont ...

Is it bad for my car or my ap?

is it bad to keep my ap plugged into the car when the car is not in use? i dont have it plugged into the ap itself just into the car...
    this may be a dumb question but i was just wondering so i dont go to start my car and have a dead battery or something. thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I unplug it when it sits for long periods. Easy enough to just pull the plug. Don't be lazy.

It wont kill your battery but it will burn the ECU connecting screen into your AP if you leave it connected when your car us off unless you have a V3 then you have an off button and it is fine
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    You leave the cable plugged into the OBD2? and unplug the AP and put it away?

...I've done that many times before. No big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    You leave the cable plugged into the OBD2? and unplug the AP and put it away?

...I've done that many times before. No big deal.
    yea i leave the OBD2 plugged in and ap goes in glove box...not bad for the car battery?

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    There's nothing using the power at that point, so no, not bad for your battery.

The cable itself doesn't use any power, it's a means of transmission.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.