Accessport not being detecting

This is a discussion on Accessport not being detecting within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey yall so my v3 accessport just came in.... For some reason my computer (Windows 7 HP touch smart) can't ...

Accessport not being detecting

Hey yall so my v3 accessport just came in.... For some reason my computer (Windows 7 HP touch smart) can't detect it. What gives? Is there a specific way I should plug it in? is there a setting I must change? When I click on my AP manager, it tells me that no accessport is connected. Should I exchange the product? I am very lost and was looking forward to downloading a torqued performance map on my car. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Do you have access to another PC that you can try it on?

My main desktop can't see an AP V2, but that may be because I'm running the Windows 8.1 preview on it. (Cobb doesn't support that.)

The V2 also may not like USB3 ports (blue insulator in the port rather than white or some other color), although the V3 is supposed to be OK with those.

I Support ClubWRX
    I would contact Cobb
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Yeah so it ended up working on a 3rd laptop finally, idk how or why it wasn't working before. Anywho, thanks for the input!