dumb question, sorry...

This is a discussion on dumb question, sorry... within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So i've been thinking about buying an Accessport used off of Ebay and I'm wondering how can the seller provide ...

dumb question, sorry...

So i've been thinking about buying an Accessport used off of Ebay and I'm wondering how can the seller provide proof that it has unmarried from the car it was assigned to?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Might be safer to buy one from a member here. But usually they will have a picture showing the access port on with the option "install"

Ok thank you... I read about them 3 years ago when I first got the car and went the open source route. I stopped logging into the forum for a long time and lost a bunch of info I had previously researched and now want to mod again... Just lost interest after installing a new engine in it...lol
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't have access to an AP, but if they provide a picture of a particular screen on the AP, it tells you that it's unmarried (I know Robin has an unmarried one). However, I'd ask for a picture with that days newspaper with it so it's not a stolen pic...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Why not continue doing the Open Source route?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I like the simplicity of the ap...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    I don't have access to an AP, but if they provide a picture of a particular screen on the AP, it tells you that it's unmarried (I know Robin has an unmarried one). However, I'd ask for a picture with that days newspaper with it so it's not a stolen pic...
    One better would be to have the member on here write his/her name on a paper with date

Quote Originally Posted by wrxnguyen View Post
    One better would be to have the member on here write his/her name on a paper with date
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    When I sold mine,these were the screen views I provided,along with the serial #

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.