Am I wasting money?

This is a discussion on Am I wasting money? within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was jut looking for some advice. I have a 11 wrx w/ TP ots stage 2, turbo xs dp ...

Am I wasting money?

I was jut looking for some advice. I have a 11 wrx w/ TP ots stage 2, turbo xs dp and k&n panel filter. I was thinking about getting a accessport, pw tmic, turbo xs catback and a protune. Am I wasting $1200 on the accessport and tune? Thanks in advance.
    Used to have stg4 wrx. stuck w/ stg0 srt4
    L.I.S.C #6

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Some tuners only tune with AP and some only do OpenSource etc. Theres several ways to tune a car
    . It mostly depends on if you want the convenience of the AP. Its not the cheapest option.

I Support ClubWRX
    The PW TMIC will allow you to run more boost and possibly more ignition timing with the same safety margin due to the reduced pressure drop and better cooling. If you don't already have WBO2 data on your current tune, you'll be able to properly dial in AFRs, as well, which will help. As long as the tuner follows the dyno tune with a road tune cleanup, I don't believe you are wasting your money.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC