Subaru WRX Forum banner

Cobb Accessport questions: 2013 wrx

3K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Mikie13 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I have been researching on getting an accessport but im not sure if it is the right choice. I am completely stock and would just like to flash to stage 1 for now. So here's where the questions start, if i just install the stage 1 map from the accessport that is that has to be done correct?.. And same would go for stage 2 if you had all the correct mods?

I am new to all this.. I am in the air force so dont have much time to research during work or much time after work.. so any information would be great.. thanks.

#2 ·
Yeah. Basically a stage 1 is just a flash. It overwrites the (arguably bad) stock tune with the Cobb tune, and
you can flash back to stock if you want.

Stage 2 requires a downpipe at a minimum.

The cobb website outlines the exact requirements (fuel type, intake, etc) for each individual tune.

#7 ·
No difference in the accessport itself, but with the maps yes. If you buy from Perrin you get the Perrin map as well as the Cobb maps (for free).

With Perrin, it is a good idea to use these maps if you use their CAI, as COBB does not design maps for that intake. Also, if you keep buying stuff from Perrin, they usually do upgraded stages (to stage 2) for free. They are very helpful and have actually done 3 map revisions for my stage 2 tune over email.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.