Help to monitor factory ECU w/ Cobb AP
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Help to monitor factory ECU w/ Cobb AP within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok, so I've been running stage1 on my 2010 WRX for about a week. I had early concerns with knocks ...

Help to monitor factory ECU w/ Cobb AP

Ok, so I've been running stage1 on my 2010 WRX for about a week. I had early concerns with knocks and they seem to be more constant, had one register at -5.2. I was even getting them in Economy mode...

So I uninstalled it and I want to monitor the factory ECU to help determine if this is a mechanical or tune issue. I can't figure out how to stay factory and still use the AP to monitor the car and I've read you can do somehow.

This car only has 25,000 miles and stock.
    Last edited by tesla317; 08-10-2013 at 06:15 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tesla317 View Post
    Ok, so I've been running stage1 on my 2010 WRX for about a week. I had early concerns with knocks and they seem to be more constant, had one register at -5.2. I was even getting them in Economy mode...

So I uninstalled it and I want to monitor the factory ECU to help determine if this is a mechanical or tune issue. I can't figure out how to stay factory and still use the AP to monitor the car and I've read you can do somehow.

This car only has 25,000 miles and stock.
    I would think you just reflash back to stock tune and data log like normal

Quote Originally Posted by wrxnguyen View Post
    I would think you just reflash back to stock tune and data log like normal

There is no "map" to flash back to. Only uninstall. And once you do that u can't monitor anything. I even backed up the original ecu data and there is no original map to flash to

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    In the Cobb map manager, is there not a "Stock Mode" map to download? They've had those available for every other year WRX before the GR, so it would surprise me if that was not available at all.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    In the Cobb map manager, is there not a "Stock Mode" map to download? They've had those available for every other year WRX before the GR, so it would surprise me if that was not available at all.

Thanks, I had to go online to download it. The map notes say it acts like stock...is this the actual factory settings or an "alternate" stock mode?

Quote Originally Posted by tesla317 View Post
    Thanks, I had to go online to download it. The map notes say it acts like stock...is this the actual factory settings or an "alternate" stock mode?
    I'd call Cobb to confirm

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    It'll run as if on the stock tune. So for all intents and purposed, it's the actual factory settings.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    It'll run as if on the stock tune. So for all intents and purposed, it's the actual factory settings.

I'm still waiting on a reply from Cobb to confirm this. Running this map still results in the same feedback knock numbers as the other stage1 maps.

It's labeled MTv300, just like the other maps...makes me wonder if it's an OTS map.

Isn't this a duplicate thread? I feel like I just read this. If so, you should ask for them to be merged, so all the information about your situation is in one spot.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    For what it's worth, lots of people have serious knock in economy mode. I would avoid that map at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    For what it's worth, lots of people have serious knock in economy mode. I would avoid that map at all costs.

That makes me feel a little better, but I've ran pretty much every map cobb offers and get the same results, some worse than others. Even in the "stock mode".

I want to determine if it's a tune or mechanical issue, but cobb has been slow to communicate. Leaving me too a lot of research...which isn't bad, but I still need guidance. I'm afraid to run any and all stage1 maps due to consistent, and replicable knock numbers.

I have a separate thread addressing the Accessport knock feedback data, but I still need to know what their stock mode means... "like stock" doesn't necessarily mean "my original ecu" stock. I've learned to assume NOTHING in life, and I won't with a $24k car! Lol

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.