2007 wrx on 16gxt 8cm^2 results

This is a discussion on 2007 wrx on 16gxt 8cm^2 results within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; 2007 wrx yimisport rebuilt with je pistons yimisport tuned hybrid boost control with mach V ebcs and hallman mbc 38mm ...

2007 wrx on 16gxt 8cm^2 results

2007 wrx
    yimisport rebuilt with je pistons
    yimisport tuned
    hybrid boost control with mach V ebcs and hallman mbc
    38mm ewg
    invidia catless tbe
    txs tmic
    injen cai
    750cc dw
    motive works tgv delete
    91 octane (CA 91 to be exact -.-)

Should I be happy or disappointed
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...1/scan0007.jpg
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#8089
    MODS LIST

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Curves look great. AFRs look great. How much boost are you running? To be honest with you, it kind of seems you're actually tuned pretty conservatively.

If it drives how you want it, and is nice and smooth, that's all that really matters.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Car actually feels faster than I thought with those numbers. Main goal is for auto-x and I can't wait for a really big event this weekend. Never thought about it but what differentiates an aggressive tune from a conservative tune and how will it look on a graph? Went out to to do a 3rd gear pull. Here's the result https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Xc&output=html
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#8089
    MODS LIST

I Support ClubWRX
    So did your previous build from 1 year ago blow up?

I notice a year ago you had EQ tune it (known for throwing to agressive of tunes at street cars and consequently them going boom)

And now a year later it was rebuilt and tuned by Yimmisport.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I was just basing my statements on your numbers...you should be seeing over 300whp on a 16g...but you are only hitting 19lbs of boost, which is a bit conservative. You can tune higher than that on that turbo. I don't remember, but are you at a higher altitude?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    So did your previous build from 1 year ago blow up?

I notice a year ago you had EQ tune it (known for throwing to agressive of tunes at street cars and consequently them going boom)

And now a year later it was rebuilt and tuned by Yimmisport.
    Yeah I went to ed a year ago with good compression/leak-down. I wouldn't really blame it on them though. He asked me how aggressive of a tune I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I was just basing my statements on your numbers...you should be seeing over 300whp on a 16g...but you are only hitting 19lbs of boost, which is a bit conservative. You can tune higher than that on that turbo. I don't remember, but are you at a higher altitude?
    Yessir. google tells me 1200+ feet. I'm at 500 where I life. Not sure what constitutes high altitude.

Car does feel faster than before... Although both tunes hit 19psi and it's been months since I've driven with the old tune. I remember ed telling me the CA91 was keeping him from running past 20psi. Both tunes felt great! It's just this one is on a stronger motor, took out the high flow cat from before, went from mbc to hybrid, and tgv delete. I was kinda hoping for more hp. I did get a huge Torque jump.

I can't seem to find very many 2.5L cars on a 16g. Most are on a 18g which I felt was too big for a car mainly doing auto-x events.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#8089
    MODS LIST

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah you won't find many people on your set up. It's equivalent to a well tuned vf39. Most people jump to the 18g since the cost difference is negligible and it nets more power.

The 91ACN is holding you back. This stuff is crap.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE