Cobb Accessport V3 - Stage 1 93 MTv300 - 2 datalogs
Results 1 to 15 of 15

This is a discussion on Cobb Accessport V3 - Stage 1 93 MTv300 - 2 datalogs within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; With the release of the newest version, I decided to finally pull the trigger on an Accessport V3. Took two ...

  1. #1
    Registered User olenderc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    112

    Cobb Accessport V3 - Stage 1 93 MTv300 - 2 datalogs

    With the release of the newest version, I decided to finally pull the trigger on an Accessport V3.

    Took two datalogs this afternoon. This is my first experience with any sort of datalogging, so I apologize if I included unnecessary columns.

    Datalogs:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2c&usp=sharing
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0E&usp=sharing

    Tune/Map: Cobb Stage1 93 MTv300

    Boost Targets: ~16.5psi peak boost pressure tapering down to ~13.5psi by the 7000RPM redline, +/-1.0psi

    Thoughts: The first log seemed okay, not sure where the feedback knock came from (sudden acceleration?), but boost hit target and tapered according. Second log looked much better no feedback knock and boost was on target again.

    Your thoughts? Any opinions or feedback from experienced/veteran tuners is much appreciated. Hopefully everything looks good, thanks.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	accessport.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	104.0 KB 
ID:	115420

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,644
    I Support ClubWRX
    I wouldn't worry about the feedback knock you saw in the first log. If you're unable to replicate it, I typically ignore it.

    That said, the logs look fine.

    In the future, for a general purpose log, remove the following parameters:
    1) AF Learning 1 - At WOT, it's disabled, so it's just wasting bandwidth
    2) Dynamic Adv () - I don't care how much advance is being used, I only care about total ignition timing
    3) MAF (g/s) - If you're not tuning the car and making sure you're seeing more power, I don't typically bother
    4) MAFv - Once you've established you aren't maxing out the MAF or doing MAF scaling, don't bother
    5) WGDC - This is your choice. If you're just making a checkup log, I wouldn't really bother. If you start seeing an issue with boost, then you'd want to add it back in, along with the Turbo Dynamics parameters so you can see what's going on.
    6) TD Boost Error - Once you've verified that boost is working properly, this isn't really needed, the same way WGDC isn't.

    #5/6 doesn't hurt anything by logging once you've verified, but it doesn't really help, either. Personally, with the low resolution of Cobb (vs Romraider), I'd prefer the additional bandwidth by not having this logged.

    So, in the future, only log the following for "checkup logs":
    1) Load (g/rev)
    2) RPM
    3) Throttle Position
    4) DAM
    5) Feedback Knock
    6) Fine Learned Knock
    7) Ignition Timing
    8) Boost

    You already have an idea of what you should be seeing, so you can compare the checkup logs to your baseline, and do more thorough/focused datalogs if variances arise you need to diagnose.
    Last edited by EJ257; 08-03-2013 at 12:38 PM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  4. #3
    Registered User olenderc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    112
    Thanks for the response! Aside from cleaner/more focused spreadsheets and the above-mentioned reasons for excluding certain values, what do you gain from increased bandwidth. Is this saying the data being logged will be more "accurate" for lack of a better word?

    I may take a couple more logs later tonight with only the 8 variables you suggested and see how it goes.

  5. #4
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,644
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by olenderc
    Thanks for the response! Aside from cleaner/more focused spreadsheets and the above-mentioned reasons for excluding certain values, what do you gain from increased bandwidth. Is this saying the data being logged will be more "accurate" for lack of a better word?

    I may take a couple more logs later tonight with only the 8 variables you suggested and see how it goes.
    There's only a certain amount of data that is transmitted. So, by decreasing the amount of information being read, the information you're reading will be cycling more often. So if one datalog has 20 paramaters, and each line represents 100RPMs of engine speed, if you reduced it down to 10 parameters, every line would be 50 RPMs. Basically, by reducing the bandwidth on the cable, you increase the resolution. It may not be exactly that kind of a correlation (some parameters may take up more bandwidth than others), but it's the general idea...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  6. #5
    Registered User olenderc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    112
    Just updating with two more logs from last night. Updated parameters to those recommended.

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...EE&usp=sharing
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...3c&usp=sharing

  7. #6
    Registered User olenderc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    112
    Took a few more logs, some partial throttle, some WOT, only seemed to capture one of maybe 5 or 6 where there was some feedback knock. I'm not sure if this would be anything of concern. Wasn't exactly repeatable, though, I'll see the same -1.4 occasionally and randomly during a short WOT or partial throttle when I'm not recording a datalog.

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0E&usp=sharing

    I drive with the accessport monitoring live data for the following 6 variables:
    -boost
    -feedback knock
    -fine knock learn
    -AF Learning 1
    -DAM
    -coolant temp (don't know what else to pick, I'm sure there is a better variable to choose here)

    Doing a little research I did learn knock can be picked up often during any sudden throttle changes or WOT'ing from a low RPM. I've tried being more cognizant about these scenarios and seeing if I can correlate any random knock events to the above-described situations or any other situations where "false knock" could be perceived. I rarely if ever have seen any type of knock during normal driving. Only (and not entirely reproducible) during short-burst partial throttle and/or WOTs to about 5k rpm, do I occasionally and unpredictably see -1.4 or -1.05 or something along those lines for a line or two.

    Not 100% sure what to make of that or how to analyze that. I feel that the tune is fairly stable for being an OTS stage 1 tune, though I could be wrong. My DAM has never once decreased since flashing the map. Would it be reasonable to assume that as long as timing isn't being pulled, a random knock event isn't of significance?

  8. #7
    Registered User tesla317's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    286
    Quote Originally Posted by olenderc View Post
    Took a few more logs, some partial throttle, some WOT, only seemed to capture one of maybe 5 or 6 where there was some feedback knock. I'm not sure if this would be anything of concern. Wasn't exactly repeatable, though, I'll see the same -1.4 occasionally and randomly during a short WOT or partial throttle when I'm not recording a datalog.

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0E&usp=sharing

    I drive with the accessport monitoring live data for the following 6 variables:
    -boost
    -feedback knock
    -fine knock learn
    -AF Learning 1
    -DAM
    -coolant temp (don't know what else to pick, I'm sure there is a better variable to choose here)

    Doing a little research I did learn knock can be picked up often during any sudden throttle changes or WOT'ing from a low RPM. I've tried being more cognizant about these scenarios and seeing if I can correlate any random knock events to the above-described situations or any other situations where "false knock" could be perceived. I rarely if ever have seen any type of knock during normal driving. Only (and not entirely reproducible) during short-burst partial throttle and/or WOTs to about 5k rpm, do I occasionally and unpredictably see -1.4 or -1.05 or something along those lines for a line or two.

    Not 100% sure what to make of that or how to analyze that. I feel that the tune is fairly stable for being an OTS stage 1 tune, though I could be wrong. My DAM has never once decreased since flashing the map. Would it be reasonable to assume that as long as timing isn't being pulled, a random knock event isn't of significance?
    I was experiencing the exact same thing with the same map on my 2010 WRX. I read that values between -2 - 2 were acceptable and shouldnt be a concern. I usually saw values of -1.4 during WOT, and lighter acceleration. But I had seen some at -2.4 and -2.8. I was a little concerned.

    So I took out my drop in K&N filter, back to stock, and they got worse. Up to -3.8 I'm still new to this but was concerning to me. I also was coming in 1lb under target boost all the time. Which is supposed to be ok.

    So I flashed to the stage1 93 MTv300 HWG map. I had one value of -1.4 come up when first pulling out, but after that and many pulls in almost all gears it was consistently 0. Never showing adjustments. I need to drive more and log again to make sure it's running good. But already this seems to agree with me car much better. And now im always in the 16lb boost range.

    My DAM has been constantly at full value of 1 through both maps.
    Last edited by tesla317; 08-06-2013 at 04:23 PM.

  9. #8
    Registered User olenderc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    112
    I've never seen a knock value greater than -1.4, except one time today on my way home I saw one line of -4.2. I wasn't logging when it happened, so I'm not sure the scenario in which it happened; I only noticed the min/max value of -4.2 waiting at the next stop light and was like . Not quite sure if I should be concerned or not, I'll have to keep a close eye on it.

    I have yet to over-boost, though I've come very close at something like 17.46 psi. Cuts it very close to the 16.5 +/- 1 psi, but its within range so I'm not worried just yet. So far I've been on target with respect to boost.

  10. #9
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,644
    I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry I missed this earlier...

    As a general rule, if you cannot replicate knock, I don't address it.

    The two logs you posted earlier look clean, and you should be good.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  11. #10
    Registered User olenderc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Sorry I missed this earlier...

    As a general rule, if you cannot replicate knock, I don't address it.

    The two logs you posted earlier look clean, and you should be good.
    With regard to replicating, would you assume it would have to happen almost every WOT or partial throttle to be of concern. Any particular scenarios or examples where you would be concerned over knock values around -1.4? I'm just not sure how close I should be speculating every knock event (if any) from live data (not recording) while I'm driving.

  12. #11
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,644
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by olenderc
    With regard to replicating, would you assume it would have to happen almost every WOT or partial throttle to be of concern. Any particular scenarios or examples where you would be concerned over knock values around -1.4? I'm just not sure how close I should be speculating every knock event (if any) from live data (not recording) while I'm driving.
    Ignition Timing is a 2D table of RPM vs Load. If you can't consistently get timing pulled from the same general area on the timing map, I ignore it...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  13. #12
    Registered User olenderc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Ignition Timing is a 2D table of RPM vs Load. If you can't consistently get timing pulled from the same general area on the timing map, I ignore it...
    Is there anything more useful to replace "coolant temperature" with as one of the 6 variables I can live-monitor while driving?

  14. #13
    Registered User olenderc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    112
    On the way to and from work, did my best to capture any random fbkc/flkc in different length segments. I'm not sure what would contribute to these events or how serious they are.

    Log 1: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...EE&usp=sharing

    -knock is confined to two sections at 440 seconds and a little later around 463 seconds

    Log 2: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...VE&usp=sharing

    Log 3: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0E&usp=sharing

    Log 4: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mc&usp=sharing

  15. #14
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,644
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by olenderc
    On the way to and from work, did my best to capture any random fbkc/flkc in different length segments. I'm not sure what would contribute to these events or how serious they are.
    I'll try to take a look at this later from a computer...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  16. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    216
    I just bought the v3 for my 2012 wrx, how do i assign the gauges to boost, knock, etc? for some reason all my gauges say AF connection 1... i don't understand why though. any help would be appreciated. I would guess I'm just being dumb and somehow missing something but i can't figure it out

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •