2006 WRX Map Question

This is a discussion on 2006 WRX Map Question within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok so I just got my invidia turboback installed on my 06 WRX and it's time to re-tune the car. ...

I Support ClubWRX

2006 WRX Map Question

Ok so I just got my invidia turboback installed on my 06 WRX and it's time to re-tune the car. I see that there are two different maps for 93 octane fuel: "Stage 2 93 MT v300.ptm" and "Stage 2 93 MT v102.ptm". In the notes they both say: "Stage 2 using 93 octane fuel. Requires stock turbo, stock intake or Cobb Tuning SF Intake, and turbo-back exhaust"

How do I determine what map to use? I have the intake and the turboback exhaust and I want to run 93 octane so those are the right maps but they seem the same to the untrained eye that I must have.

Are there better maps that can be downloaded? I know about pro tunes and that they're better. Eventually I'll get one but just not right now.
    2006 Subaru Impreza WRX
    Obsidian Black Pearl
    CAI, Invidia Turboback, Cobb Accessport, Dipped OEM wheels, Rally Armor mud flaps, chin spoiler, HID headlights, and various other things.

Love that boxer sound

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I would venture to guess that the v300 map is an updated version compared to v102.. but don't take my word for it. If I were you I would just call Cobb and ask.

I Support ClubWRX
    I would tend to agree with that but wanted to check before I chose wrong and blew something up.
    2006 Subaru Impreza WRX
    Obsidian Black Pearl
    CAI, Invidia Turboback, Cobb Accessport, Dipped OEM wheels, Rally Armor mud flaps, chin spoiler, HID headlights, and various other things.

Love that boxer sound

v300 is the lastest version of the map

I Support ClubWRX
    E-Mailed Cobb. They said that in face it is the newest version of the map and includes flat foot shifting and launch control. Thanks for the input!
    2006 Subaru Impreza WRX
    Obsidian Black Pearl

Love that boxer sound