EcuFlash Keeps Crashing! Help!

This is a discussion on EcuFlash Keeps Crashing! Help! within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello all. I just installed an Invidia TBE on my 2012 WRX Sedan. I downloaded EcuFlash (version 1.44) and RomRaider, ...

EcuFlash Keeps Crashing! Help!

Hello all.

I just installed an Invidia TBE on my 2012 WRX Sedan. I downloaded EcuFlash (version 1.44) and RomRaider, while purchasing a Torqued Performance Stage 2 tune from Eric.

The problem is this: as I connect my computer to the car via Tactrix cable and open up EcuFlash, I have about 30 seconds or so before EcuFlash just closes out entirely (on its own). HOWEVER, if I'm not connected to the car, I can open EcuFlash and it stays open without any crashing whatsoever. I've uninstalled everything, and started from scratch to see if that would help, however it has made no difference. I don't know if it's a problem on my end, or with EcuFlash itself.

If anyone has experienced this, or knows what I'm talking about, please help. :sadface:

Thanks in advance,

Steve

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Need to know what operating system.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    Need to know what operating system.
    Windows XP. However, I think the problem was that it was trying to automatically upload unknown ROM to Tactrix during the install, and since I don't have an Internet connection in my driveway, EcuFlash would close. So I read to disable that feature, and just tried again to flash stage 2, and it worked! Hooray!

My apologies for semi-freaking out. I was just concerned.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SubieDoo0531 View Post
    Windows XP. However, I think the problem was that it was trying to automatically upload unknown ROM to Tactrix during the install, and since I don't have an Internet connection in my driveway, EcuFlash would close. So I read to disable that feature, and just tried again to flash stage 2, and it worked! Hooray!

My apologies for semi-freaking out. I was just concerned.

Steve
    Can't blame ya. Every single time I flash I think I sprout a new gray hair.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"