High feedback knock while cruising highway

This is a discussion on High feedback knock while cruising highway within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2012 wrx hatch that is completely stock except for a spt cbe. I've been stage 1 with ...

High feedback knock while cruising highway

I have a 2012 wrx hatch that is completely stock except for a spt cbe. I've been stage 1 with a Cobb ots map for about 200 miles now or so and I decided to log some highway miles yesterday. I was going to try some more logging today with some more parameters added, but -11.8 feedback knock is making me a little nervous.

Here's the data log... its about 5 minutes or so of cruising in 5th gear on the highway. I've taken a couple WOT pulls only to about 5.4k rmps though. No knock issues with the wot pulls so far.

Any ideas/advice would be appreciated.

Edit: here's my wot pull log if anyone is curious.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Seems like random knock to me. Was the road surface rough in places?

There were plenty of places at the same throttle position and rpm that didn't have knock events, so nothing consistent jumps out at me.

For what it's worth, I saw similar low-end knock on my bugeye sometimes during tip-in (applying throttle after coasting), and if the engine lugged in higher gears. Neither of these would appear to be your issue. My WOT logs were clean like yours.

Do you have logs of the stock tune under the same conditions?

Your WOT log is still private, BTW.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Your WOT log is still private, BTW.
    Oopps... fixed that. And no, I don't have any stock logs. I didn't notice any rough or bumpy spots in the road.