Stage 2 OS Tune Assistance Needed

This is a discussion on Stage 2 OS Tune Assistance Needed within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello everyone, Let me preface this thread by stating that I've never done any sort of ECU work before, and ...

Stage 2 OS Tune Assistance Needed

Hello everyone,

Let me preface this thread by stating that I've never done any sort of ECU work before, and I fully understand the repercussions of tampering with the vehicle's ECU.

Now, I'm getting ready to install my Invidia catted DP (and hopefully a Q300 catback) and had a few questions regarding tuning Open Source. I'll be using Eric's Torqued Performance Stage 2 map on my 2012 WRX Limited.

I've been doing a lot of reading/research/YouTube-watching about how to tune. However, I'm not really sure as to which software to use to flash the map and datalog each pull. I've read that EcuFlash would be used to save and flash each map and RomRaider would be used to do the datalogging and editing. I've also read that you don't even need to use RomRaider, and can utilize solely EcuFlash. Is any of this correct, or am I heading in the complete wrong direction?

In addition, after doing some research on RomRaider's website and reading through the Supported ECU Revision List, I noticed that WRXs 2012+ are not supported. Does this present an issue for my tuning purposes?

I just need a little bit of direction to understand fully what software is necessary to use with the TP Stage 2 tune.

I greatly appreciate anyone and everyone's input.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SubieDoo0531 View Post
    Hello everyone,

Let me preface this thread by stating that I've never done any sort of ECU work before, and I fully understand the repercussions of tampering with the vehicle's ECU.

Now, I'm getting ready to install my Invidia catted DP (and hopefully a Q300 catback) and had a few questions regarding tuning Open Source. I'll be using Eric's Torqued Performance Stage 2 map on my 2012 WRX Limited.

I've been doing a lot of reading/research/YouTube-watching about how to tune. However, I'm not really sure as to which software to use to flash the map and datalog each pull. I've read that EcuFlash would be used to save and flash each map and RomRaider would be used to do the datalogging and editing. I've also read that you don't even need to use RomRaider, and can utilize solely EcuFlash. Is any of this correct, or am I heading in the complete wrong direction?

In addition, after doing some research on RomRaider's website and reading through the Supported ECU Revision List, I noticed that WRXs 2012+ are not supported. Does this present an issue for my tuning purposes?

I just need a little bit of direction to understand fully what software is necessary to use with the TP Stage 2 tune.

I greatly appreciate anyone and everyone's input.

Thanks in advance,

Steve
    Most people do generally use EcuFlash for the saving and flashing, and then Romraider for the logging. Eric would then send you revisions that you would flash with Ecuflash as well, you don't have to worry about doing any "editing" with Romraider. Both programs are free.

Eric will also send you the necessary definitions/files so that Romraider will work with your car, along with instructions how to use everything. He is also very accessible for questions.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Most people do generally use EcuFlash for the saving and flashing, and then Romraider for the logging. Eric would then send you revisions that you would flash with Ecuflash as well, you don't have to worry about doing any "editing" with Romraider. Both programs are free.

Eric will also send you the necessary definitions/files so that Romraider will work with your car, along with instructions how to use everything. He is also very accessible for questions.
    Thank you! That makes much more sense now. I really appreciate the clarification!

I Support ClubWRX
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC