Accessport problems on 2003 wrx

This is a discussion on Accessport problems on 2003 wrx within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, Im having some problems with my accessport I just got for my 2003 wrx. Trying to flash the ...

Accessport problems on 2003 wrx

Hey guys, Im having some problems with my accessport I just got for my 2003 wrx. Trying to flash the stage 1 91 map. After plugging in test mode and the initialization connector, when i try to flash it tells me to plug in the init connector. It goes all the way through saving my current ecu data, but will not flash. I've made sure everything was connected properly, followed the instructions exactly, and nothing. I've looked on a few forums but can't find many people with this same problem.

I called Cobb and they told me to try to remake their init connector, but I couldn't find the right parts in town. Called them again and they are sending me another init connector. I just checked the voltage of the 4 pins on the cable you plug the init connector in to and it read 4 volts on one, 5 on the other, and 0 volts for the other 2 pins. (I'm sorry if i'm not making any sense, i'm not very technical. Just ask if you want clarification.) I think I've read somewhere that that init connector needs 12 volts to properly initialize, but i'm not sure if that's right. After that I checked the init connector that I have now and it seemed fine.

Has anyone had a similar problem? My dad thinks it could be the OBD-II cable. I asked cobb if it could be a problem with the accessport itself and they said it is very unlikely.

Again, I am not very technical, so if you are confused feel free to ask for clarification. I can include pictures too if need be.

Thanks guys!
    Last edited by Dakyn; 07-15-2013 at 09:53 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Do you need to connect the white flash block with Accessports?

The initialization connector? Yeah, I tried without it too and it wouldn't even save my current ecu. With it I could at least get past that. It came with 2 of them, a blue one for 2002 and a white one for 2003-2004 I believe.