11 wrx ecu

This is a discussion on 11 wrx ecu within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hi gentlemen im about to start modding my 11 wrx hatch and of course with mods come a tune I ...

11 wrx ecu

hi gentlemen im about to start modding my 11 wrx hatch and of course with mods come a tune

I already have a tuner that's known to be good but with all these horror stories of blown ring lands on these cars are starting to put a scare in me

now im keeping all the stock parts incase something does happen I can still use my warranty but my only concern is the fact that the dealer might b able (most likely) to recognize my presence in the ecu

where can I find a different ecu for my wrx so that way I can keep mine un altered?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

From my own experience, once the tune is removed the dealer is not able to tell if it has been tuned. AS LONG AS IT'S REMOVED!!!

Yes but my tuner says they can see the presence of a reflash even if it was removed...he said they can't tell what u did but they can tell u did something

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTION View Post
    From my own experience, once the tune is removed the dealer is not able to tell if it has been tuned. AS LONG AS IT'S REMOVED!!!
    Not exactly. There is evidence that the modern CANbus ECUs have a "reflash counter" that can determine the number of times the ECU has been flashed. While it doesn't provide direct evidence of flashing, the counter can provide indirect evidence that the ECU has been flashed.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Not exactly. There is evidence that the modern CANbus ECUs have a "reflash counter" that can determine the number of times the ECU has been flashed. While it doesn't provide direct evidence of flashing, the counter can provide indirect evidence that the ECU has been flashed.
    Yes and in my belief when it comes to giving away and engine for free that much evidence is enough

Quote Originally Posted by bonesx0x2x4x View Post
    Yes and in my belief when it comes to giving away and engine for free that much evidence is enough
    They wouldn't replace my engine because they found spider webs in my factory down pipe lol. Never said anything about the ecu.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTION View Post
    They wouldn't replace my engine because they found spider webs in my factory down pipe lol. Never said anything about the ecu.
    LMFAO!