New to tuning

This is a discussion on New to tuning within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, I just purchased an 05 wrx. It has injen intake, garret turbo, hks bov, 3" no cat exhaust. ...

New to tuning

Hey guys, I just purchased an 05 wrx. It has injen intake, garret turbo, hks bov, 3" no cat exhaust. The previous owner said the guy before him had it tuned. It idles low and wants to die when the Rpms drop at the end of a rev. Also it smokes dark gray, when I get down on the gas, pretty sure running rich because you can smell it. Is this a tuning problem? I'm pretty sure it is, but I'm no mechanic and I'm new to turbo cars. I'm going to order a tactrix cable tonight. Iv read a few stickies but I'm not sure if I want to take a chance messing up my car by trying to do something myself.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

2005 can use a cheap vag-com cable. Use that to check the tune if it's stock or not.
    Then take it to a tuner. Don't tune it yourself.

There are no tuners near me. I'm in tazewell va, iv searched but I can't find any

I would like to find someone that can tune it over the Internet, il run my diagnostics and they can tune based on that

phatron with phatboti tuning

Quote Originally Posted by McMuscle3 View Post
    I would like to find someone that can tune it over the Internet, il run my diagnostics and they can tune based on that
    You should probably also get a wideband O2 sensor if you are going to be E-Tuning with someone for a car with those mods.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Thanks, Il contact phatboti!!! also I plan on installing one today, I already have one.