PhattBotti Tuning
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on PhattBotti Tuning within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; anyone on here gotten tuned by STI Mikey from Phattbotti tuning? Road and/or etune?...

PhattBotti Tuning

anyone on here gotten tuned by STI Mikey from Phattbotti tuning? Road and/or etune?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Mikey did a road tune for me using my accessport

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Ron is a great tuner.. he's helped me out with a few things in the past, my #1 recommendation when it comes to e-tunes.

I know a bunch of people who go through them. Usually known for good work.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Yeah I would be looking for a road tune since I live in CT, but good to know that their etunes work just as well

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WREXXY
    Yeah I would be looking for a road tune since I live in CT, but good to know that their etunes work just as well
    May as well get a dyno tune, instead. You can get most of the tune dialed in on the dyno (so you're not doing multiple high-speed pulls on public roadways), and then do a cleanup tune on the road afterwards. I have nothing to say about the tuning ability of Mikey, other than the fact that he's good about doing logs on the street after a dyno tune, which many tuners are too lazy to do, when they should. Only dealings with him I ever had was when I gave him some pointers over the phone on some places to log when he came to the area to tune a local car.

Pretty sure he's tuning out of EFI Logics now.

I had considered renting out a local AWD dyno to work on my tune in a controlled environment, but last I heard, they wouldn't allow anyone but Morgan to tune the vehicle, so that's not in the cards. Therefore, I'll just continue to road tune it on an abandoned airstrip...
    Last edited by EJ257; 06-28-2013 at 04:50 PM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I agree, but from what I've read about ppl that have went to efi they usually don't clean it up on the road after the dyno tune.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WREXXY
    I agree, but from what I've read about ppl that have went to efi they usually don't clean it up on the road after the dyno tune.
    Last I heard, Mikey was tuning there, and does road cleanups. Call them up and verify.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.