Stage 1: Cobb vs. Perrin - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Stage 1: Cobb vs. Perrin within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by wrightway Go with Perrin! It is a no brainer. You'll have everything COBB offers plus the panel ...

Quote Originally Posted by wrightway View Post
    Go with Perrin! It is a no brainer. You'll have everything COBB offers plus the panel filter and Perrin map. I used their stage 1 map for about two years and totally loved it. It provides more power than the COBB stage 1 map (I've tried them both)
    "Go with Perrin! It is a no brainer. You'll have everything COBB offers plus the panel filter and Perrin map. I used their stage 1 map for about two years and totally loved it. It provides more power than the COBB stage 1 map (I've tried them both)"

Do you have a Perrin stage 1 map with a stock intake?? Because I contacted Perrin and they said that they have a stage 1 map asides from COBB's on their accessport except that it can only be used with the Perrin intake.. How was yours like?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrx>> View Post
    "Go with Perrin! It is a no brainer. You'll have everything COBB offers plus the panel filter and Perrin map. I used their stage 1 map for about two years and totally loved it. It provides more power than the COBB stage 1 map (I've tried them both)"

Do you have a Perrin stage 1 map with a stock intake?? Because I contacted Perrin and they said that they have a stage 1 map asides from COBB's on their accessport except that it can only be used with the Perrin intake.. How was yours like?
    They have a stage 1 map that is designed to run with their panel filter (not a completely new intake), and a map that is designed to run with their aftermarket cold air intake. I have run the stage 1 map with their aftermarket intake. The map ran much better than the stock ECU settings. Smoothed out the power band and you could notice a small increase in power. Also, you get a whooshing sound from the intake (MOAR WHOOSH!!!). I have subsequently moved on to their stage 2 map, which I am happy with. They have done a few revisions of the map for me.

I'm still confused because I contacted Perrin and they said they dont have a map special to their panel filter. He said just use COBB's stage 1 93. So I guess no Perrin map for stock intake Would you say that buying the aftermarket Perrin intake and mating it to their stage 1 map was worth it? And, this is a little off, but you wouldn't perhaps be able to run the stage 1 plus intake without actually having the intake? Sounds crazy I know but I would just like to know the repercussions. Thanks!

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm still confused because I contacted Perrin and they said they dont have a map special to their panel filter. He said just use COBB's stage 1 93. So I guess no Perrin map for stock intake Would you say that buying the aftermarket Perrin intake and mating it to their stage 1 map was worth it? And, this is a little off, but you wouldn't perhaps be able to run the stage 1 plus intake without actually having the intake? Sounds crazy I know but I would just like to know the repercussions. Thanks!
    Did you talk to Chris at Perrin? I would definitely not run the Perrin intake map without the intake installed. I still have the Perrin intake on my car and I am pleased with it. I mean really at this point it is not adding a heaping amount of power, but it sounds/looks good. If you buy the Perrin package, you have access to the COBB maps, so I would say run the COBB map if you are just going to be flashing with no modifications. Then if you decide to get the Perrin intake (or downpipe etc) they will give you a free map (as long as you are buying their products). I have a slew of other things from them, so they gave me the stage 2 map (and revisions) for free, even though I have a turboxs turboback exhaust. Overall, i have been happy with the service/products I have recieved from them. No complaints. Are they offering the version 3 of the Accessport on their site? Just wondering.

Yeah I talked to Chris, they have good customer service for sure. But I don't believe they offer the new v3 accessport, I mean I haven't found it on their website.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah I talked to Chris, they have good customer service for sure. But I don't believe they offer the new v3 accessport, I mean I haven't found it on their website.
    Yeah they probably have to sell out of their stock before they get the new ones. Either way, I am happy with my V2! Does what it needs to do, although that new high def screen does look pretty BA!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.