Tuning -- 2010 WRX

This is a discussion on Tuning -- 2010 WRX within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I recently bought a used 2010 hatch which already had an AEM cold air intake in it. I have come ...

Tuning -- 2010 WRX

I recently bought a used 2010 hatch which already had an AEM cold air intake in it. I have come to understand that a cold air intake requires an engine tune. Unfortunately, I am unsure if the engine has been tuned. So, I was wondering if there are any signs that show that the engine is tuned properly.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zshapiro View Post
    I recently bought a used 2010 hatch which already had an AEM cold air intake in it. I have come to understand that a cold air intake requires an engine tune. Unfortunately, I am unsure if the engine has been tuned. So, I was wondering if there are any signs that show that the engine is tuned properly.
    You would need something to monitor/log data. Also you would need a WBO2 sensor to see if your air/fuel is correct (most likely lean if you are not tuned). Only other option would be to ask the person you purchased the vehicle from. You would want to be running a stage 1 tune designed for that intake, assuming you don't have an aftermarket downpipe on there (in which case you would want to be stage 2).

that, and to be safe you may want to stay out of boost as much as possible. the car will feel fine if your running lean... until boom. so check with the guy who you bought it from because you don't want to ruin your new purchase