new here .. tuning question, have ap

This is a discussion on new here .. tuning question, have ap within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so i know i will need a pro tune for my set up, but i have a few questions about ...

new here .. tuning question, have ap

so i know i will need a pro tune for my set up, but i have a few questions about it. right now im running the stage 1 +intake map. i just finished fabricating my cat less down pipe with a cut out. first question is there a way to run multiple maps? if so how do i go about it, and if not do i just tune for the cut out and keep my foot out of it when its closed? second question is about the o2 sensor. my cut out is before the sensor so it wont read air when the cut out is open "causing a CEL?" would a o2 defauler do the trick? any input helps thanks guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Switch maps exactly as you would flash any other map.. the process is basically the same, but the device is your choice.

As far as dealing with the rear O2 sensor, that will depend on what car you have. Regardless, the CEL should be disabled in your tune.

i have a 2011 wrx.. i was just wondering if two maps can be flashed to the ecu at one time, i have some friends that run two maps and when the hold the cruise button it switches the map

That's not something you can do with the AccessPort.. you will need to plug the AP into your OBDII port and flash the map you're wanting to use.

Your 2011 uses readings from the rear O2 sensor to adjust fuel trims, so you may experience adverse effects having the cutout upstream from it. It's not something have dealt with before, so I don't know exactly how bad it will throw your fueling off. Maybe not too much since my WBO2 is downstream from my cutout and I don't really notice it reading wrong with the cutout open. I think there should be enough pressure in the exhaust to prevent raw air from entering the system.
    Last edited by MainFrame; 05-30-2013 at 10:03 AM.

zax
    You can use "real time switching" with the AP to switch maps on the fly, even while you're driving. Talk to Cobb about possible logic changing with the Cutout.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    You can use "real time switching" with the AP to switch maps on the fly, even while you're driving. Talk to Cobb about possible logic changing with the Cutout.

Yea.. it would be virtually as good as map switching, just that you will have to have the AP hooked up to do it.