Do I need to tune my ride? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Do I need to tune my ride? within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by razzer thanks You did help but cant I just keep my crank an change bearings , rods ...

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by razzer View Post
    thanks You did help but cant I just keep my crank an change bearings , rods , pistons an rings. is that enough for the "low end". I think I going with cobb tuning stage 3? Thanks for the help.

Doing that you could make an engine that will make power up top, but it will be slow to spool the turbo, and not have much power below 4k. The 75mm 2L crank isn't very good for spooling a turbo, but if you want a high revving motor and don't care about torque for driving around town then you could do that.. but you will have to run an even larger turbo, which will spool even later. The car would be gutless under 4500rpm.. not what I consider fun to drive.

I must admit I'm a little confused now. I thought you said you wanted 350hp or more on pump gas? Assuming you mean 350whp, since you can't measure chp.. The Cobb stage 3 setup with a vf39 would be lucky to make 250whp, closer to 230-240whp in reality. That's wayyy below what you stated your power goal to be.

I understand I don't need to rebuild but I will help right?

Help what? Rods, pistons, and bearings will have no effect on power, just the amount of power the engine can handle without breaking.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

thanks for the 411 I guess there is a lot to think about. "THINKING" next year is when Ill start. PS all I have is about $5000 to get started on just the engine.

I Support ClubWRX
    I ran an 18G @ 22 psi to redline on the stock OEM motor. When I sold that car it had 200k miles on it with the original motor and still running strong. Zero motor work.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    all I have is about $5000 to get started on just the engine.

Double that and you'll have a start.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.