Data log shows fine knock after tune
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Data log shows fine knock after tune within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys about 1.5 months ago i tuned my car with a VERY well known person in my area.after that ...

Data log shows fine knock after tune

Hey guys about 1.5 months ago i tuned my car with a VERY well known person in my area.after that i recently bought a tactix cable to view/log my car and it turns out i have this

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Wc&usp=sharing
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...lE&usp=sharing
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...UE&usp=sharing

2012 wrx hatch
    Grimmespeed EBCS
    catless DP tsudo
    AEM intake
    catback straight pipe w/ resonator

my tuner says its either bad gas, the FIRST log was with 91, then i purchased 93 gas and i still have it, im pretty sure -2.1 is a bad thing then he says or there is to much restriction, im not sure if resonator has alot of restriction. so im going here to show you guys what do you guys think about my logs, my grammar is really bad i know.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i also noticed there was fuel being pulled from 2k rpm to 4.5k rpm...

Its taking you forever to get to your target WOT AFR, the stock catback isnt very restrictive, could be bad gas, or it could be that since its taking so long to reach 11.14 that the ecu is pulling timing to save your engine.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

how do you know its pulling timing ? i dont htink i have the ignition tables up...

He doesn't know, he said "could be"

I had the same problem with erics tune, it was taking long for my AFR to reach 11:1 causing a lean condition. The ecu began correcting for it.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

Quote Originally Posted by anpato View Post
    I had the same problem with erics tune, it was taking long for my AFR to reach 11:1 causing a lean condition. The ecu began correcting for it.
    Did you just let the ECU correct or did Eric tweak the tune?

Made the tweaks myself after consulting the tuner at RT. simple fix just playing with the maf scaling. Powerband is smoother.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ

I wish I had more time to learn the small details on tuning but I just don;t have the bandwidth in my life.

Oh well, CORN soon anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see thanks for the feedback, just spoke with Shawn (my tuner from churches) he says it's ok the ecu is always adjusting boost and the afr from 2k-3k is good , and my ad learning #1 is in acceptable range(he says more then 5% ) is bad . ?? Any feedback on what he is saying

im not sure what to do at this point? i just did another log with MAP and ignition timing check it out

I normally do my logs from 3k up. Under 3k its fine due to the throttle plate opening. As long as the car isnt cutting fuel or detecting knock or detonation you should be ok. Your tuner knows his tunes best.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by imrbobby
    im not sure what to do at this point? i just did another log with MAP and ignition timing check it out

Send those to Shawn. I doubt he'd be comfortable with those, and would want to make adjustments to the tune.

If he is comfortable with those kind of logs, find a new tuner...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

im really doubting shawn right now, he rarely answers my text's and answers and it feels like he ignores me. and it feels like he is BSING me. honestly alot of people say go to him but i wonder do they ever log their cars after?

Quote Originally Posted by anpato View Post
    I normally do my logs from 3k up. Under 3k its fine due to the throttle plate opening. As long as the car isnt cutting fuel or detecting knock or detonation you should be ok. Your tuner knows his tunes best.

i suggested that shawn see these logs, his answers are NO, and i tell him what is wrong is explains to me that it is fine? i mean i payed 500 for this tune, and for him to say that to me its like he is just taking my money?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast