Impression of Stage 1 Cobb OTS reflash

This is a discussion on Impression of Stage 1 Cobb OTS reflash within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well I've done it I got almost 1100 miles on my DGM 2013 4dr. All I can say is wow. ...

Impression of Stage 1 Cobb OTS reflash

Well I've done it I got almost 1100 miles on my DGM 2013 4dr. All I can say is wow. This car feels 100% refined. No jerking on low rpm shifts. Everything feels silky smooth. I have not checked the max boost yet just been in town driving. I'm going to check to make sure I'm in the target boost. Then I'll give it a tank of gas and datalog it to make sure I'm safe. The loping idle is gone just feels like a different car. Other than a K&N drop in filter and Nameless muffler delete exhaust I'm stock.
    Jeff

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

How noticeable is the gain in power? I am pondering an AP for my 13 SWP and want to know if you think it is worth the 600 bones.

Also im concerned about the safety....I probably wouldn't go above stage 1, and don't abuse the car. How conservative is the stage 1 tune?

I Support ClubWRX
    There is not much noticeable power gain on stage 1, but as suggested by the OP, the power band feels smoothed out. Hopefully that drop in filter doesn't cause you any issues, but you will know when you do some datalogs.

So far I'm loving it. I do notice sometime at low rpm light throttle its not smooth sometimes usually when the engine is cold but I've read these cars are a little cold blooded. The power band is silky smooth and it does feel like there is more HP and TQ through out the power band. Ironically the Cobb tunes are safer than the stock tune. The tunes are on the safe conservative side but I'm ok with that.I've also picked up some MPG 19.5 in town where I was getting 17-18 driving it easy. Now I'm getting around 19 and I'm not flogging it but 1st 2nd gear sprints are a total rush. I'm boosting at 16.5psi and this thing really pulls. I also checked with Cobb about my drop in filter and they said I should be fine because it's before the MAF sensor. I'm going to run a log today to see what everything looks like now that I've run a couple of tanks of gas through it.
    Jeff

Does it sound a lot better with the Nameless delete? How much was it and was it worth the $?

It's louder but not to the point where it'll drone in the cab. I got the 3.5" staggered tips flush with bumper. I love it. It'll talk to you when you get on it. Cruising down the road is only slightly louder. It's worth every penny. I think I paid right at $500.00 with shipping.
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by georgia-wrx View Post
    It's louder but not to the point where it'll drone in the cab. I got the 3.5" staggered tips flush with bumper. I love it. It'll talk to you when you get on it. Cruising down the road is only slightly louder. It's worth every penny. I think I paid right at $500.00 with shipping.
    Jeff
    I have to disagree with this statement, I said the same thing for a few weeks. I think I was in denial. The truth is the muffler delete system is outragoulsy loud inside the car, at crusing speeds it made my head throb.

Maybe I've just gotten used to it. But at a steady cruising speed to me it's only slightly louder.
    Jeff