Curious ... post your 09-13 dyno number with IDC% - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Curious ... post your 09-13 dyno number with IDC% within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by bbrock171 I guess it's good I've got ID1000s for my modest 20G build. Talk about overkill... Those ...

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrock171 View Post
    I guess it's good I've got ID1000s for my modest 20G build. Talk about overkill...

Those are the injectors I would run with a 20g.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Those are the injectors I would run with a 20g.
    On pump gas he'd be fine with 750cc injectors on the 20G.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    On pump gas he'd be fine with 750cc injectors on the 20G.

But ID doesn't make 750s..

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    But ID doesn't make 750s..
    Yes, ID IMO is superior to DW, but there are other options.

Facebook me here

Don't quite remember what my deciding factor was when I went with IDs. it was a last minute decision, but they're still not in the car yet because I ordered an XT-R from Blouch and an XT showed up. So I sent it back. Still waiting for my turbo.

Sent from right behind you!

I used to think DW made good injectors.. until I actually ran them. I went through three or four bad sets of DW1300s before I decided to just cut my losses and get Five-Os. My biggest issue with DW isn't from the multiple failures, even after I spoke with them personally and they ensured the next set they were shipping me would be fine (which it was not). The issue is that they continue to sell these same injectors which have been proven time and time again to have nearly a 70% failure rate (when you consider you need four working perfectly your chances of them all working is almost nill). They get hundreds of returns and just keep shipping them out. By the end it took them 14 months to ship my last replacement set.. they kept saying they were just sooo backed up from all the returns, but never offered to refund my money or anything, only exchange for another set. The problem has gone on for three years now, yet they continue to sell a product that does not work, and refuse to offer refunds. I have no respect for DeatschWerks as a company any longer.

In contrast, when a few people began reporting inconsistencies with ID1600s, Injector Dynamics did rigorous testing to determine what the problem was. They discovered the injectors were behaving erratically when subjected to abnormally high fuel temperatures. ID released all the info on their findings and promptly pulled all 1600s from the market. Then they offered anyone who currently owned a set of 1600s a free upgrade to 2000s.

zax
    Personally, I like that ID manufactures their injectors from the ground-up, while DW reworks Denso injectors.

EDIT: Actually, I should say "reworks OEM injectors," just happens to be Denso for us.

Facebook me here

Quote Originally Posted by TankerTruck View Post
    With my build (basically a TP stage 3 with Perrin ELH) I'm running right around 95-96% at the highest boost/RPMs and WOT. Some logs I see a bit higher (never over 98% yet), some a bit lower, but in general that's what I'm running at with stock injectors and DW65c pump - running right at 10.9 AFR on the gauge.
    You have pretty much my set-up aside from I don't have the ELH, what power did you make?
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

I'm not a huge 'numbers' guy, and I haven't had a real dyno yet, so I won't just throw numbers out. I did a 'virtual dyno' thing using an app on my phone first, and then a laptop, but I think I did something wrong because I was getting what I thought were too high numbers.

I still have to install my perrin uppipe and then my NGKs before scheduling - hoping to get a proper dyno in late June (probably at Bren Tuning).

I can tell you I'm hoping/shooting for 300/330 with the stock turbo on a conservative DD tune on just about any dyno I run on, no matter the conditions. And I don't believe I'm quite there yet. My gut is that I'd need to upgrade the turbo to do that.

As a side note, the ELHs have been a huge torque maker for my car (it could also be a combination of the tune as well) - almost equivalent to a stage 1 to stage 2 change.
    Last edited by TankerTruck; 05-21-2013 at 03:51 AM.
    2013 DGM WRX - Perrin CAI | PW TMIC | Forge BPV | Cobb DP | GS EBCS | DW 65C Pump | Perrin ELH & Uppipe | NGK One-Step Colder | Bren ProTune
    Best Time (on 4.21.13): 12.26 sec @ 113 mph

I'm not a huge 'numbers' guy, and I haven't had a real dyno yet, so I won't just throw numbers out. I did a 'virtual dyno' thing using an app on my phone first, and then a laptop, but I think I did something wrong because I was getting what I thought were too high numbers.

I still have to install my perrin uppipe and then my NGKs before scheduling - hoping to get a proper dyno in late June (probably at Bren Tuning).

I can tell you I'm hoping/shooting for 300/330 with the stock turbo on a conservative DD tune on just about any dyno I run on, no matter the conditions. And I don't believe I'm quite there yet. My gut is that I'd need to upgrade the turbo to do that.

As a side note, the ELHs have been a huge torque maker for my car (it could also be a combination of the tune as well) - almost equivalent to a stage 1 to stage 2 change.
    I forgot my numbers, but for stg. 3 it was 320ish/342 IIFC. This was on a VD which is actually very close to a dynojet.

BTW, this was with the TP stage 3 map.

I did this on the Virtual dyno today, from some old logs I had in my sent box. I just picked random stage 2 and stage 3 ones, I don't think these were the final ones. I also used the mustang dyno. With the dynapack (?) it was a lot higher.

This is the VD I did with the stage 2 and stage 3 comparisons, and the Injector cycles were at 92% for the stage 2 and 95% for the stage 3 at max. Neither were anything special, and were really just tuning logs - but I'm starting to like this VD stuff. It should actually kind of answer the original question. These are pre-headers.

Last edited by TankerTruck; 05-23-2013 at 09:07 AM.
    2013 DGM WRX - Perrin CAI | PW TMIC | Forge BPV | Cobb DP | GS EBCS | DW 65C Pump | Perrin ELH & Uppipe | NGK One-Step Colder | Bren ProTune

They have compared the VD to a real dyno and the numbers with +/- 5 hp. This was on a dynojet, so i'm not sure about the mustang dyno.

I'm just mainly wondering with the DP, CAI, FP,PWIC,3port, and then adding the tumbler and the headers if injectors would be needed to get the max HP out of the car once pro tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
    They have compared the VD to a real dyno and the numbers with +/- 5 hp. This was on a dynojet, so i'm not sure about the mustang dyno.

I'm just mainly wondering with the DP, CAI, FP,PWIC,3port, and then adding the tumbler and the headers if injectors would be needed to get the max HP out of the car once pro tuned.
    I must've done something wrong then because my VD run said 365, which seems more like what it should read at the crank, not the wheels. With the exact same mods I pulled 296 on a Dynojet. This was with an Invidia catless DP, SPT catback and AEM intake running 20psi.

zax
    I did this on the Virtual dyno today, from some old logs I had in my sent box. I just picked random stage 2 and stage 3 ones, I don't think these were the final ones. I also used the mustang dyno. With the dynapack (?) it was a lot higher.

This is the VD I did with the stage 2 and stage 3 comparisons, and the Injector cycles were at 92% for the stage 2 and 95% for the stage 3 at max. Neither were anything special, and were really just tuning logs - but I'm starting to like this VD stuff. It should actually kind of answer the original question. These are pre-headers.

Unless you weigh 0 pounds and have EVERYTHING out of your car (even your coin tray!) you need to update your weight. 3225 lbs is unrealistic. You'll need to factor in about 6 pounds per gallon of gas and another 30 pounds for fluids as well. Your dyno numbers will thank me

Unless of course VirtualDyno handles these weights separately

Facebook me here

I am very thin... but I'm not really trying to be super accurate with them numbers. I'm just trying to see the differences between stages.

I also talked to Bren today who basically said 'gimme gimme gimme' instead of using VD. Once I get tuned, I'll try doing some VD logs for comparison. At that point ID like to be as accurate as possible.

My injectors are still fine BTW. 98% on the 20.3 psi run I did today.
    Last edited by TankerTruck; 05-23-2013 at 04:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.