AEM Uego vs Inovate LC-1

This is a discussion on AEM Uego vs Inovate LC-1 within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Looking to get an AFR Gauge in the near future to begin tuning my car. Now my teacher who tunes ...

AEM Uego vs Inovate LC-1

Looking to get an AFR Gauge in the near future to begin tuning my car. Now my teacher who tunes cars on the side said to go with a LC-1 while a few tuners that I've spoken to have said the Uego is the better of the 2. Anyone have any hands-on experience with either of them? Ease of use, installation and longevity?
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I have the AEM UEGO, it was cheap and easy to install. Some people seem to have trouble getting the BFM cable to log with RomRaider, but it works fine for me.

Thanks for the input, where did you weld the 02 bung?
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

I stuck it in the existing rear O2 bung.. I was concerned about it's orientation (horizontal), but according to my tuner he has more success with them there rather than closer to the turbo. I guess the "correct" location burns up the sensors more quickly.

What did you do to the Stock o2 sensor?
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ

Haven't had one for years.. I think it's probably in a box somewhere. I have a 2002 with catless exhaust..

Mines also catless, I was asking just to be sure.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ

You will need to install a bung in the downpipe.. I think 3" or more from the exit of the turbine in a downward facing position is what's recommended.

Thanks for the help!
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ

I Support ClubWRX
    I have the AEM UEGO. Good quality in my opinion for the price. One thing to keep in mind is that your year car uses the stock o2 sensor to calculate proper fueling, so you can't just yank it out. Are you planning on getting a protune or staying on TP? Did you talk to that guy about this? Your OP sounds like you are planning on getting into "tuning" your car, so maybe my point is mute if you are going to be manually adjusting fueling through some type of tuner software.
    Last edited by 11blackSTi; 05-15-2013 at 04:06 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    I used the LC-1. Mine worked fine but I went through sensors pretty often. Worked with Romraider just fine with a $15 USB-serial adaptor.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I have the Innovate MTX-L, their "all in one" gauge. Had it for the past year and a half and no issues so far.
    ~Stan
    '04 WRB WRX Wagon (Build) - Hard Parked, AutoX Toy
    '08 WRX ~ Daily Beaten ~ '86 BMW 325es ~ "The Chump"

"I was raised knowing there is a replacement for displacement, it's called engineering."

just bought the AEM UEGO with the Busted Finger Motorsports cable. 02 sensor was welded in a bung before the cat pretty far down right after the DP curves about 10 degrees up from horizontal
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    I have the AEM UEGO. Good quality in my opinion for the price. One thing to keep in mind is that your year car uses the stock o2 sensor to calculate proper fueling, so you can't just yank it out. Are you planning on getting a protune or staying on TP? Did you talk to that guy about this? Your OP sounds like you are planning on getting into "tuning" your car, so maybe my point is mute if you are going to be manually adjusting fueling through some type of tuner software.
    Im getting a protune at Akuma this summer after I install my FMIC and injectors. I was originally going with the tp stage 3 but after looking over some logs with my teacher he wasnt too impressed with it.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Hold_Fast View Post
    I have the Innovate MTX-L, their "all in one" gauge. Had it for the past year and a half and no issues so far.
    My teacher is running one in our supra at school, he likes em but I honestly dont like the way it looks.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ