Cobb Ap Economy Mode Mpg

This is a discussion on Cobb Ap Economy Mode Mpg within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm heading to N.C. next week for spring break ..I was going to flash the 13 wrx to Economy Mode ...

Cobb Ap Economy Mode Mpg

I'm heading to N.C. next week for spring break ..I was going to flash the 13 wrx to Economy Mode just wonding how the avenge mps would be? Anything I should be worried about ..
    Thanks ..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Don't use those maps. They are garbage. Control your right foot. It will do the same thing and be safer.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

can you please elaborate on the danger of those maps?

Quote Originally Posted by clt-wrx View Post
    can you please elaborate on the danger of those maps?
    If it sucks, it's dangerous.

The economy map just eliminates the ability to get into boost. What if you are in a situation where you need to accelerate quickly and you no longer have the ability to downshift and spool up? You might be in danger because of that.

I'd rather not make a change to my car that kills it's ability to perform the way that it should.

If you want to get better MPGs, don't WOT all the time and control your right foot.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    What the others said. Use cruise control,stay out of boost & you will get better mpgs.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

not worth it. like ^this guy said. just use cruise control

Shhhh, don't let my wife know I switch the map to Stage 2 Economy mode whenever she needs to borrow the car.

I Support ClubWRX
    yeah best way to get good mileage is to stay out of boost. ive found with many of my upgrades its makes the car faster and if im easy on it its more fuel efficient than stock
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Delnari View Post
    Shhhh, don't let my wife know I switch the map to Stage 2 Economy mode whenever she needs to borrow the car.
    My gf can't even drive a manual so we always take her xtrek on trips

Quote Originally Posted by Delnari View Post
    hahaha

but yep just control your foot
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

I'll state up front that this experience is based off a Honda and Hondata Flashpro tuning solution, but should translate to Subaru and Cobb.

I had been street tuned using the on board O2 sensor. I used a online tuning (E-Tune) type process to get this done. My tuner recommended I install a wideband and that would really put a fine point on the tune. He was right. I picked up 20Hp and 12Tq between the tune with the cars O2 and wideband tune.

The important part I think is that the STFT and LTFT were usually +/- 3%. There were larger variations from time to time, but the trims overall were very well dialed in. In stock form, there were wide swings in both trims and it took longer for the ECU to get the trims to settle down. A solid tune with well sorted out trims will do more for economy than a "gimmic" economy map.

Overall, I only picked up 2 - 3 MPG over stock....but considering the overall increase in Hp and Tq, any gain is impressive. To clairify the vehicle was a 2006 Honda S2000, Injen CAI, Fujitsubo cat-back, and wideband. I was putting down the "claimed" factory Hp and Tq numbers at the wheels with just those mods and the tune. Strictly highway...could get 31 Mpg if I kept my foot out of it (if).
    2013 Ice Silver Premium 5 door - Stage 1 E-Tune