Torque App - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Torque App within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just got a smoking deal on a bt obd link from scantool.net. on sale for 70 bucks, and I ...

I just got a smoking deal on a bt obd link from scantool.net. on sale for 70 bucks, and I sent the sales guys an email asking for a discount code (I'm active military with no shame in asking for cheaper stuff) so they gave me an additional 15% off, this will greatly help me in my hunt for the perfect sti!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Dude, $70 is WAY overpriced for a Bluetooth ELM327 adapter to use for Torque.
    I used this one before I lost it:
    Amazon.com: New Version V1.5 ELM327 OBDII OBD2 Bluetooth Car Diagnostic Interface Scanner: Automotive

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Heh.. yea, I was gonna say, I think I paid $12 for mine.

Well from the reviews I had read I wanted to get one that might last a while. My experience with tech hardware is that you get what you pay for.... thanks for the input though

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Mine has worked fine for several years.. BUT, the polling rate is horrible, so you do get what you pay for. I really only use mine to read and clear codes on other vehicles. If I'm going to log in the Subaru I'll just use my Taxtrix cable.

Ok so some concern after getting my bt adapter... torque says the adapter has two errors (in the app it states there should be 0 or there is something wrong with the adapter) but I was able to pull codes and have fun with the dials. Anyone seen this before?

Quote Originally Posted by crash55 View Post
    Maybe it's because I have a 2013 WRX but I can't figure out how to configure the boost gauge. Mine idles at like -22 vacuum and I never get above 0. I'm assuming there's some sort of calibration? Anyone know? There's a boost pressure setting in the profile but I don't know what the adjustment would be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingo View Post
    In the menu go to "vehicle profile", at the bottom of the first screen, maybe the top of the next, when scrolling down, there is boost adjustment": set this to zero. Save, all done.
    Hoping someone can help me with this. I have the same issue. My car will idle with torque showing - 24 - - 18 vacuum but the highest boost I've ever seen is 8.x this doesn't seem right. It is set to 0.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by soloz2 View Post
    Hoping someone can help me with this. I have the same issue. My car will idle with torque showing - 24 - - 18 vacuum but the highest boost I've ever seen is 8.x this doesn't seem right. It is set to 0.

Try setting it to 0.0 I know that's what it may say its done automatically but try inputting the value manually

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ker2 View Post
    Try setting it to 0.0 I know that's what it may say its done automatically but try inputting the value manually

Thanks I tried this yesterday and hit 11 psi. It seems to show about 2-3 psi higher than before. I was not at WOT so I don't believe I should hit full boost anyway. Does this sound right? I'm new to turbo cars.

Thanks I tried this yesterday and hit 11 psi. It seems to show about 2-3 psi higher than before. I was not at WOT so I don't believe I should hit full boost anyway. Does this sound right? I'm new to turbo cars.
    If at idle you sitting around -10 of vacuum I never done a wot so most I've hit was 12 lbs of boost

No at idle I'm sitting at - 22ish

No at idle I'm sitting at - 22ish

???? I don't know then

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I found a setting that wasn't checked... I think it was showing boost in psi, but vacuum was not psi??? I'll try it next time I go somewhere and see if that fixes it.

I found a setting that wasn't checked... I think it was showing boost in psi, but vacuum was not psi??? I'll try it next time I go somewhere and see if that fixes it.
    Boost measured in (lbs) and vacuum in (in/Hg)

Yep, thanks for the help. That seems to have fixed it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.