Torqued Performance stage 2 dyno results?

This is a discussion on Torqued Performance stage 2 dyno results? within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I went stage 2 a few weeks ago. I currently have a Cobb Catted downpipe and Cobb SF intake installed. ...

Torqued Performance stage 2 dyno results?

I went stage 2 a few weeks ago. I currently have a Cobb Catted downpipe and Cobb SF intake installed. Unfortunately, where i'm located there is no dyno nor pro tuner I can go to (seriously, none..) and even worse, i'm stuck with 91 octane gasoline . So the only way I can get my tuning done is doing 3rd gear pulls and sending logs to eric over at TP. It runs good, car pulls hard, but i'm curious to see what numbers you guys who live stateside have gotten on a dyno.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That's a tough one. Most people go with an etune like TP because they either don't have access to a tuner with a dyno, or don't want to pay as much for one.

There might be people who've used Virtual Dyno, but the numbers themselves are going to be off on that. It would mostly be helpful if someone did some Virtual Dyno graphs stock, then some after going stage 2. If anyone has done that, it would be interesting, but I wouldn't hold my breath!

Welcome, by the way!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I'm pretty sure another member was using the TP map before his protune and posted the baseline dyno run. It was around 275-285whp but I don't remember on the type of dyno.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

I Support ClubWRX
    I was dynoed when i was torqued performance stage 2 with the sf intake. on a dynojet i put down 308hp and 350 hp
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

thanks man! yeah, I have plans to move to texas in a few years, I'll be definitely getting a protune while im there...I've heard of that virtual dyno, A friend of mine uses it but just like you said, I dont think is very accurate. Well, the car is running right, so...im satisfied lol

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    That's a tough one. Most people go with an etune like TP because they either don't have access to a tuner with a dyno, or don't want to pay as much for one.

There might be people who've used Virtual Dyno, but the numbers themselves are going to be off on that. It would mostly be helpful if someone did some Virtual Dyno graphs stock, then some after going stage 2. If anyone has done that, it would be interesting, but I wouldn't hold my breath!

Welcome, by the way!
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackwrx View Post
    I was dynoed when i was torqued performance stage 2 with the sf intake. on a dynojet i put down 308hp and 350 hp
    on 91 octane?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eric05mx View Post
    I'm pretty sure another member was using the TP map before his protune and posted the baseline dyno run. It was around 275-285whp but I don't remember on the type of dyno.
    respectable numbers

I Support ClubWRX
    I use 93 octane. also the virtual dyno reads very close to a dynojet. my tuner ran my car with the virtual dyno and was almost spot on with the dyno jet
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

I just got a dyno run yesterday and mine was pretty low, but there were a couple reasons for it. I have his stage 2 map with an ebcs. Granted its a great map for an e-tune with the maf scaling right on, but with out a wide band the afr's were way off. So I was hitting about 9.9 to 10.1 afr at full boost with hp dropping off at 5100 rpm. Granted also it was 90 degrees outside but it should be alot better. I was hitting 256whp at 5100 rpm and 285tq at 3150 rpm. Needless to say I'm getting it protuned on Tues.

I'm on 91, TP2, K&N, catless 3" exhaust and EBSC.

Virtual Dyno was 285-290hp/320-325tq......ish!!! Not a pro at that software but I was right in there with most others I read about with similar parts and the TP2 tune.